Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Cork roadtrip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Great pictures there, I especially liked the Priory,no signs of recent work by the Mallow branch of the OPW National monuments crew though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

they were at Ballyhea Church

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Would you know what other sites they are working on at the minute? I have been to charlesfort in Kinsale twice and they were there both times,just trying to think of other restoration/conservation projects that might be happening in the reigon. Buttevant or Liscarrol castle perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

what I'd like are suggested itinerarys for visiting 4 to 6 sites around North Cork mainly...I'm a bit of a novice ... anything from pre-historic through castels and religious sites to old railway locations would be of interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

May I suggest Millstreet and surrounds?

Drishane Castle, Knocknakilla stone circle (give the kitsch Country Park a miss), Kerryman's Table, Duarigle Castle, Dromsicane Castle, Mount Leader and Leader Tomb and adjacent Holy Well (the last five locations are not signposted)
    There is a larger and better known holy well closer to the town, but is a tad Disney-fied compared to the less frequented one out the Macroom road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement