Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Country Duolite Tent

Options
  • 15-03-2013 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi everybody

I'm looking for a new tent and I think I'm going for the Wild Country Duolite
    http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/tents-and-spares/all-tents/duolite-tent/

I found it online for 140€ so I think the price is absolutely ok, As I read a lot of good things about this tent I'm pretty sure it's a good buy but I'd be happy if anyone here has experiences with it he /she wants to share.

I'm looking at this model for a couple of reasons, mainly I want to use it for cycling tours in and outside of ireland. Therefore I like the fact that it packs to a small size (40x20cm) which is very good for mounting it to the rack.

Also on the plus side is that it pitches outer first or outer and inner combined...

It's not ultralightweight but for cycling that's not too much of a issue

I'd be interested in long term experiences, does it hold up after pitching up and down many times?

Any experiences with wild country in general, seems to be the cheaper line of the Tera Nova tents

thx for your replys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I've never used that tent but Wild Country tend to make some really good kit so quality wise it should be fine. The only concern I'd have is the way the poles seem to join together in the "Y shape", I'm probably just old fashioned but I prefer a simple design.

If the size and weight match what you are looking for, for go it.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Sagi

Hm, I read a lot of good stuff about it, in the end the design is a bit strange but I think it brings some advantages like a relatively high and huge porch that seems to be suitable for cooking and storage.

Well anyhow, I went for it and hope it will arrive within the next days.

Was thinking about the Vango Banshee 200 as an alternative because I could easyly get it in a local stor for an ok price, but given that the wild country would be the same price I think it is the better choice for me

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

Hi Sagi,

Could you tell me where you found it for €140 please ?

A.

I bought it at field and trek for 120 GBP

http://www.fieldandtrek.com/wild-country-duolite-tent-783177

looks like it got a little bit more expensive

I'll test it over the weekend, it looks well built and reasonably sized. The stuffsack it came in was a bit of a joke, way to big for the tent so the smal packsize which was one of he main reasons for me to get the tent could only be achieved by getting an additional compression sack, now it packs down to a very small size (smaller than my sleeping bag, when I store poles and ground pegs seperately...)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

If you go to http://www.sportsdirect.com/wild-country-duolite-tent-783177
    and change the currency to EURO - you can get this for €149 + €1 postage to Ireland !!

{fieldandtrek, karrimor etc are all other brands owned/run by sports direct}

• Advertisement

Quick update for anybody who might be interested

I went for a cycling trip to Beara peninsula and spent 3 nights in the tent, while it was rain free most o rhe time I had one night in rather heavy rain and pretty strong wind, tent stood up to it with no problem whatsoever.

Very sturdy little tent, in my opinion not big enough for 2 people with gear, for me alone there was enough space to bring in the pannier bags so the space in the porch stayed free for cooking.

It pitches really easy and fast, also packs away without any trouble, as mentioned before the stuffsack that came wit the tent is far to big, but after getting it in a compression sack it fits into the panniers (without the poles and pegs)

Well after 3 nights I can't sa too much, but I trust it could take quite some beating and stand up to it

The tent is in the blue sack, the black one is the one it came in.

Advertisement