Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit card fraud - what do I do next?

Options
  • 15-03-2013 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, had a call yesterday from the Visa Debit fraud team to notify me that there had been some suspicious activity on my card. The lady ran through the last 15 transactions, all taking place on early Wednesday morning and my card has indeed been compromised. I was told that my card would be cancelled and a new one sent out and that I may get a call from the fraud team investigating. Do I need to do anything else now? Is there an average timeline on how long it is before these things are usually resolved?

Luckily my UPC direct debit came out before the account was emptied but I have other debits coming up and think that there's an overdraft fee due to be taken out. Am I in any danger of losing the overdraft facility if the funds aren't there because they've been stolen?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi super_furry,

Thanks for posting.

There wouldn't be an average timeframe for the Visa Debit Team to come back to you as each case would need to be looked into individually.

We don't have access to account details at this department.
    You can contact the Visa Debit Team on 0818 365 365 - options 6 and 2.
    They should be able to answer any questions you have about your overdraft.

Hopefully it's resolved for you quickly.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement