Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tradesman situation

Options
  • 15-03-2013 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭

last november I put an ad in tradesmenonline.ie to get new gutters in as others were so bad.

Several guys replied, after sifting through a couple of wasters I got a guy who said h was going to do it on a saturday. I checked out his work, seemed good. he rang up that saturday to say he couldnt do it as he had something else on but gave me a number a guy who works with him who came down during the week and put new gutters in. shortly after xmas, leaks started at the joints. now water is pouring out of them when it rains.

I rang the guy, 3 times he said he'd come and fix but never did. now he wont reply to txts or calls. I rang the original guy who says its nothing to do with him.

what to do?
    I wasn't there the day he fit them and wife says he didnt leave a receipt so Ive no paper proof he fit them (I know, nothing I can do about that now).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You mean this site?

http://www.onlinetradesmen.ie/

Does this site guarentee the work?

If not best you can do is write to him trying to secure a date for the repair or ask for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭cbee20

On the home page of http://www.onlinetradesmen.ie/, click on Service Help at the end of the page, and then click on Consumer Rights. you may get some help there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I assume from what you said that his man was paid in cash. There is a chance that he may not declaring his earnings, particularly as he did not give a receipt. I would send him an email stating if you do not have a refund within seven working days you will be forwarding his details to the Revenue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭micky mouse

Miaireland wrote: »
    I assume from what you said that his man was paid in cash. There is a chance that he may not declaring his earnings, particularly as he did not give a receipt. I would send him an email stating if you do not have a refund within seven working days you will be forwarding his details to the Revenue.
    :) That should sort him out.Proper order,to many of this chancers going around

Advertisement