Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert 1080 to 720?

Options
  • 15-03-2013 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭

I've to give a presentation for college next week and plan to use some videos which I have shot during it. I shot the videos in 1080p and I'm worried now that when I go to play them the laptop that we'll be using to present will not be powerful enough to play the files (they're usually old enough Dell laptops).

So I'm wondering will converting the files from 1080p to 720p solve this problem, and what would be the best way to do this? Or will I also need to adjust the bitrate?

And help appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Divx converter will do it for you with minimum fuss. http://www.divx.com/en/software/divx-plus

It's about the easiest way I've found of converting files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Jello wrote: »
    I've to give a presentation for college next week and plan to use some videos which I have shot during it. I shot the videos in 1080p and I'm worried now that when I go to play them the laptop that we'll be using to present will not be powerful enough to play the files (they're usually old enough Dell laptops).

So I'm wondering will converting the files from 1080p to 720p solve this problem, and what would be the best way to do this? Or will I also need to adjust the bitrate?

And help appreciated, cheers.

Unless you are looking for trouble you should test the video on the laptop you will be using.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

Yeah, test the video on your laptop first, and it can't play them, then you could use the video converter such as aneesoft to convert them, you could set the bitrate and res yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bobblehat

Best free file converted, in my opinion is Mpeg Stream clip, got a broad range of conversions, fast and easy to use. Correct me if Im wrong but are you just worried about the computer not being powerful enough to play files of that size and quality? If so an easy way to convert them (Which also keeps the size down) is to open it with quicktime, select save for web and select computer. Quick and easy and will look grand on a computer. Unless its something you shot it at 1080p for the purpose of quality. :)

Advertisement