Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox wireless class n/g?

Options
  • 15-03-2013 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

I have recently got 150mb broadband and have found out that my laptop can only handle about 50mb as its old according to the company and i only have a basic wlan card. but I also have a newish xbox (as in about 2 years old, the one that is set up for kinect). so what i wanna know is can this handle 150mb speeds or am i wasting my money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The 360s has a wireless N 2.4ghz card built in so it will handle it. The thing is though, online gaming isn't really related to the 150mb number you have posted up. That relates to download speeds and online gaming doesn't need a huge amount relative to say, streaming 1080p movies or even using your Sky Player.

The most important thing for online gaming is latency and ping times and it's hard to really know how your broadband is fairing pinging to specific servers apart from the eyeball test, ie. I ****ing shot that guy in the face and could see blood coming out of him but he seems to still have 100% health in that killcam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

thanks very much for the reply, just didnt know if it was worth it or not, i know it would make download faster i just thought it would make gaming faster but you answered that for me too:D
    thank you

Advertisement