Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kids airsoft.

• 15-03-2013 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Looking for a bit of help please. I have 2 boys aged 14 and nine. All airsoft sites have a minimum age of 14. Is there any way I can get the 9yr old lad a game somewhere. At the moment all we can do is play in our own garden, 3/4 acre and no road view so its private and the 9yr old is just as good as us. we wear full body protection and dont have exposed skin especially on the lads and they are trained in safety rules and regs but would like to find a site to get some real gaming time. Live in roscommon but will travel and stay overnight near any site that may accommodate the playing of a 9yr old. Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Any site I've played at has a minimum age of 11, providing the child has a parent/guardian playing alongside them. They have to be 14 and over to play alone. I think your 9 year old will have to wait a couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

if HRTA was still open you could of brought them there as they had a child protection policy in place and a child protection officer. Only other place that ay take you if all playing together is Rathbeggan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 oldhollowman

thanks, will try Rathbeggan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brugmand

Hi this may be to far away but munster airsoft has a realy good areina and they have good long games going on every saterday,and they would defenetly let your sons in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 oldhollowman

Thanks will try munster, Rathbeggan website says 12 min age. dont mind travelling cos we will go during the summer on our caravan hols. can also stay 3 or 4 times in a nearby cheap hotel. once again..thanks a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brugmand

You need to get there early on saterday morning,but it is worth the travel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

andy_g wrote: »
    if HRTA was still open you could of brought them there as they had a child protection policy in place and a child protection officer. Only other place that ay take you if all playing together is Rathbeggan.

There are plenty of sites with child protection policies / child protection officers.
    Anyone worth their salt, who is running a site for anyone under 18 (still a child in the eyes of the law) will have all the necessary measures in place

BioHazRd wrote: »
    There are plenty of sites with child protection policies / child protection officers.
    Anyone worth their salt, who is running a site for anyone under 18 (still a child in the eyes of the law) will have all the necessary measures in place

I have younger members of the family coming out soon so roughly what sites have them now Biohazard?

Red barn certainly do and to the best of my knowledge, so do Fingal, but I would always advise asking the sites directly should you have any concerns

Once they have the policy and cert up in their office i'd be happy once i see em as proof that they are in date.

And in accordance with law RE. displying the cert.

• Advertisement

Once they have the policy and cert up in their office i'd be happy once i see em as proof that they are in date.

And in accordance with law RE. displying the cert.

While their policy / certs should be available for inspection, there is nothing in law to state that these must be publically displayed. Any prospective parents of young players can rest assured that not seeing a cert on the wall doesn't automatically mean there is no policy in place.
    if in doubt, just ask the proprietor of the site for the details

BioHazRd wrote: »
    While their policy / certs should be available for inspection, there is nothing in law to state that these must be publically displayed. Any prospective parents of young players can rest assured that not seeing a cert on the wall doesn't automatically mean there is no policy in place.
    if in doubt, just ask the proprietor of the site for the details

Check the Child protection act put in place in 2002 it's all in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

Check the Child protection act put in place in 2002 it's all in there.

could you provide a link to that act because the only one for 2002 i can find is the child protection ombudsman act of 2002

Advertisement