Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tongue Piercing

Options
  • 15-03-2013 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi there, I got my tongue pierced last friday the piercing itself was done brilliantly and painlessly, even though I was told it was the stiffest tongue he ever went through haha.

Im just slightly worried as it looks like the ball has nested into my tongue.....when I push the bar there is plenty of bar showing but a big crater the ball sits in....is this normal?? also the red raised section on front of this little crater....im worried about keloids....can you get them on your tongue? ? I've had aweful trouble with them on my ears. I've been back to piercer before this red lump to ask about my white tongue but he said that the white tongue is normal.... any advice would be grwat its just I live 50km from my piercer.

ive been brushing my teeth twice a day and only drinking water....I rinse my mouth out after eating with watered down no alcoholic listerine...which ks what he told me to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I got my tongue done 3 weeks ago now. I had the ball crater myself too, it was annoying me, so I switched out the 3mm ball to a 6mm and the cratering was gone. The 6mm ball felt massive for the first day or two, but you get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shellii

Adiboo wrote: »
    I got my tongue done 3 weeks ago now. I had the ball crater myself too, it was annoying me, so I switched out the 3mm ball to a 6mm and the cratering was gone. The 6mm ball felt massive for the first day or two, but you get used to it.

well thats not so bad but its more the lump thats worrying me thanks for the reply though. after 3 weeks how is it feeling anyway?

I would hazard a guess that is due to the swelling. You still look fairly swollen. Give it a few more weeks, continuing with the aftercare as normal, if it's still there, pop back in to the piercer. Is it sore to the touch?

After 3 weeks it's mostly back to normal, still get an odd bit of lymph here and there. I'll be downsizing next week so eating will become less of a task when I do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Adiboo wrote: »
    I got my tongue done 3 weeks ago now.

But Brandon, you know what tongue piercing is for, right? :P

But Brandon, you know what tongue piercing is for, right? :P

To look badass? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

It's most likely just the swelling, that's what happened me anyway. It calmed down fair bit after about 5 days, but took about 10 days to get back to normal size.

Then again, I went out and drank a load of whiskey the same day I got it done, so that probably wasn't the best idea!

well ive had it done a week today. its not sore to touch and ive been eating fairly normally since day two just slowly and rinsing with water after every few bites....its sore mainly in the morning its just the lump im worried about...anyone know if you can get keloid on tongue?

You can get a keloid pretty much anywhere I'm sure. If you can't travel to the piercer and are that worried, maybe email or Facebook message that picture to your piercer. Or if he doesn't have a shop email, I'm sure you could send it to Snakebite via their Facebook and they'd help you out.

I went back to my piercer today. my tongue was the most swollen he had seen....he had put in a 20mm bar to begin with. he has changed it to a custom cut bar to allow the crater to heal its already started to close up...feelong much better about it now thanks everyone for replys

Stock up on Nurofen Plus and ice pops to combat the swelling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

What you're referring to as a "keloid" is more than likely hypertrophic scarring. Actual keloids are big and require surgery to remove. A lot of piercers just refer to bumps as keloids so as not to confuse people. Just FYI :P

While you can get a bump anywhere, you're considerably less likely to get them with a piercing like tongue, as your saliva helps keep the wound clean :)

Advertisement