Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Fulham

Options
  • 15-03-2013 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭

So our European adventures are over for this week, after a less than awe-inspiring performance last night against Inter. Some players IMO should really hang their heads in shame, most notably Defoe and although he got his goal, Adebayor. Parker as well was very poor and we just about survived. Questions should be asked of the formation too.

Anyway, a massive game this Sunday. I know they're all massive, but this is important for so many things other than just the result. We've now lost 2 games in a row, something that hasn't happened in some time. We'll be playing after Arsenal play Swansea away and at around 4pm on Sunday will be somewhere between 7 and 10 points clear, though them with a game in hand. Chelsea have an easier game so I'd expect them to win there.

Strongest team out there;

Lloris
    - Walker - Dawson - Verts - BAE -
    Parker - Dembele
    Lennon
    Siggy
    Bale

Ade

I'd play Ade as he is more capable of bringing the play out wide, leaving more space for Bale. The big question is whether the lads will be fatigued after 120 minutes of football last night. I hope not, and I really hope that regardless of what happens in Swansea that we beat them soundly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Is it not 3pm kick off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Fulham are like Wigan, you never know what team will turn up. Keep Berbatov quite for the day and pick up a welcome 3 points. Defoe has a good record against them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Is it not 3pm kick off ?

You're right Hatch, it's at 3pm. Can you adjust the thread title?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Hopefully fulham leave their brains in harrods and don't turn up.
    Should have 5/6 fresh legs to come into the team in. Lloris, dawson, bae, bale, lennon & maybe Holtby.
    Id start holtby to rest siggy a bit. Then again dempsey could be back. Just hope the midfield engine is not too tired

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Praying they win Sunday... Do not want my girlfriend to see them play **** live and lose as I begin my steady trek of converting her from a Man Utd fan to a Spurs fan....

Still debating whether to buy a Vertonghen or Dembele or Sandro jersey...

Something that irritated the **** out of me at the Inter Milan match last week was the fact the only pre-pressed jerseys were Bale 11. Does the Spurs Shop actually know there's more players at the club than just Bale??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

irishmover wrote: »
    Praying they win Sunday... Do not want my girlfriend to see them play **** live and lose as I begin my steady trek of converting her from a Man Utd fan to a Spurs fan....

Still debating whether to buy a Vertonghen or Dembele or Sandro jersey...

Something that irritated the **** out of me at the Inter Milan match last week was the fact the only pre-pressed jerseys were Bale 11. Does the Spurs Shop actually know there's more players at the club than just Bale??

If I'd pick anyone it'd be big Jan Vertonghen but if it's on the home jersey I wouldn't bother names don't look great on the back since the cockerel is embedded on the back it just goes over half of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Fulham are like Wigan, you never know what team will turn up. Keep Berbatov quite for the day and pick up a welcome 3 points. Defoe has a good record against them too.
    I swear to god I hope I don't have to watch Defoe acting the B****x on the pitch for another 90 minutes,I forecast a 2-0 win for us,it we don't win it's time to start worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Massive game. Delighted we are at home and have 2-3 fresh players returning.

A comfortable win and we plough on towards a top 4 finish, a lose or draw is a catastrophy in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Spurs will win. Cant see it being comfortable though. Its not the Spurs way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

AA68123B-A6BC-4655-87C9-C81A359A6F15-1873-00000214F19935E7_zps8f717d17.jpg

Early start here in Dublin airport,

Happy snake wacking day lads

COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

She looks like a tasty one! Safe journey and enjoy the game. Oh, and Coooooooooommmmmmmme Oooooooooooooon Yooooooooooooooooouuu Spuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssssssssssssss!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,503 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Such an important game. Win this one and were back on track a massive mental boost.
    Loose at home to a team with fulhams derby record and we can kiss cl qualification goodbye. Thats how important i think it is.
    Neither striker inspiring confidence at the minute, i'm just glad bale's available and dembele's showing good form.
    Fulham to be leading 1-0 at half time and spurs to get two after the break. Spurs go on a winning run for the remainder of the season and finish 2nd. Arsenal and liverfool fail to qualify for the europa league. Job done. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

This is the team from Spurs Official I see we have finally found a solution to our winger issue! BAE!!!
    Lloris;
    Naughton, Caulker, Dawson, Vertonghen;
    Sigurdsson, Dembele, Parker, Assou-Ekotto;
    Adebayor, Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

This is the team from Spurs Official I see we have finally found a solution to our winger issue! BAE!!!
    Lloris;
    Adebayor, Bale.

3 at the back maybe? wing backs? Is a strange selection, is worrying to see no sign of Lennon even on bench.

Walker getting a well deserved 'rest'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Lloris;
    Adebayor, Bale.

That is a strange formation, but Bale will be roaming.

Must be 3-5-2 by the looks of it.

This game on TV?

Were the hell is Lennon. Disaster.

Now is not the time for trying 3 at the back.

Today's result determines our season, end of. COYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

• Advertisement

Same ol shíte, Dembele staying back and Parker going forward to give the ball away

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Jesus, this is dour.

well, 0-0 has being a familiar ht score....
    COYS.

Not looking good for Bale,limping off the field at HT.

Hope Bale is OK

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JaimeLannister

A pretty dismal first half. Surely Holtby is a better option on the left than BAE, he's been very frustrating to watch!

Wtf, Dempsey for Dawson?

Uninspiring stuff so far. Game needs someone to take it by the scruff of the neck. Dembele or dempsey please step forward.

[EMAIL="B@startd"]B@startd[/EMAIL].

Fcuk it, we don't look like we'll score either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

balls.hopefully this is the kick in the ass the team needs

Advertisement