Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Fulham

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ridiculous to take Dembele off and leave Parker on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

1 shot on target so far, Fulham defending well looks like another 3 points lost

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

davycc wrote: »
    balls.hopefully this is the kick in the ass the team needs

isn't that what we said after the liverpool result.

seriously, is this the same team that beat Arsenal and inter only 2 weeks ago.
    Its not like we are missing any players (Lennon a-side).

It has to be fatigue or something else is seriously wrong that we dont know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Its the Thursday night curse lads

Terrible stuff. The wrong formation from the start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

crap result, surely top 4 is far more important than Europa league,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭celt262

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Terrible stuff. The wrong formation from the start.

Should still be good enough to beat them at home though.

Cant understand why Bale is not put back on the left wing.

Honestly think I might just kill someone in the next few minutes after watching that disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Pitiful performance,could be the start of the rot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

yep pure muck..same old soft spurs..

the sooner sandro is back and parker is dropped the better.

but just about every player looks soo tired its unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

This is exactly the sort of game you'd expect us to lose. Arsenal go away to Swansea and get the result they need, we have the easier fixture at home and make a balls of it. I'm very worried that this is the start of the end of our season.

The body laungage is all wrong. We are 2nd to loose balls, not winning the 50/50 tackles. Even Bale is a yard slower then 2 weeks ago.

we are well and truely in the pig sh1te now.

And the worst thing is, it wont be a quick and painless death, it will be a slow agonising one. We'll slowly drop out of the top4 over the next 5-6 games and with 2 games to go we'll still be in with a chance of EL qualifiication and even still we wont manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Probably what we all should have expected, when Spurs are put in a situation where they must win they fail miserably. The wheels are well and truly coming off now, blame falls on Levy for his transfer dealings in January and for AVB and his strange team selections. Rant over.

davycc wrote: »
    yep pure muck..same old soft spurs..

the sooner sandro is back and parker is dropped the better.

but just about every player looks soo tired its unreal.

Sandro is out for the season, its Parker from now to the end of the season. Get used to it.

Why did he take Dembele off and leave Parker?

Sandro is out for the season, its Parker from now to the end of the season. Get used to it.

Yupp have to get used to stray passes and pointless runs.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Why did he take Dembele off and leave Parker?

One of many stupid decisions over the last couple of weeks IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

shocking performance, thanks Levy for not buying a striker in Jan, Defoe missed from 2 yards out, wasn't surprised at all when he missed! I'll be very surprised if we make top 4, sorry for being so negative but it's hard not to be after that match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I have listned to the nay sayers and told ye all to calm down cos I believed. Not cos I'm a stupid believer and an optimist. Cos I have seen the best ever Spurs side. I'm afraid I now cant say all is ok, we will get 4th. For me now I am going to polish off this bottle of teachers cos I am fukn depressed. Hopefully when I sober up things will not seem so bleak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

**** match **** atmosphere no trains running, got lost on the tube... Time to go ruin my liver in London town and forget this poxy performance.... Vintage ****ing spurs eh ?!

Roll on to a must win against Swansea/Everton

COYS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Didn't hear or see the match. In one paragraph can someone please surmise how this happened. I'll presume all paragraphs start with the word "fatigue" so no need to metion it.

Just go back and read the first dozen pages of this thread which records our end of season collaspe in the 10/11 season. Its frightening how similar the last 3 seasons have gone. The major reoccurring theme is the fact that our strikers couldnt hit a barn door.

No mention of last years collapse in this thread oddly, we must have had a separate one for that.

In my view our lack of firepower is finally catching up on us. We have lived off goals from other parts of the team for the whole season and now we are paying for it.

Only positives from today is AVB 'resting' Walker and the irony of Jol who was sacked for failing to get CL football coming back to WHL and doing just that again from the opposition bench this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Only positives from today is AVB 'resting' Walker and the irony of Jol who was sacked for failing to get CL football coming back to WHL and doing just that again from the opposition bench this time.

Lads I felt the same way earlier, gooner brother in law abusing me all day, why the fcuk do spurs do this, where the fcuk did naughton play, now in calmer state I say, ok it's in our hands, arsenal will not win all games, we need to pray and pray some more

Probably will be slated for this but I wish we had signed Berba back in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Probably will be slated for this but I wish we had signed Berba back in the summer.

Why? He sulked and refused to play for us until we let him leave for United! He was a great player for us but he lost my respect after that fiasco.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Just go back and read the first dozen pages of this thread which records our end of season collaspe in the 10/11 season. Its frightening how similar the last 3 seasons have gone. The major reoccurring theme is the fact that our strikers couldnt hit a barn door.

No mention of last years collapse in this thread oddly, we must have had a separate one for that.

In my view our lack of firepower is finally catching up on us. We have lived off goals from other parts of the team for the whole season and now we are paying for it.
    I brought this up a few weeks ago and it was dismissed. People thought we could rely on Bale until May. Deluded to say the least. IMO AVB isn't doing much wrong, imagine if we even had someone who could consistently bag 20 league goals, think we would be challenging for second right now. Defoe's miss was astoundingly bad.

Still optimistic about our chances for 4th, although 3 (bad) losses on the spin has put everyone under enormous pressure. Time to stand up and be counted, quality is there.

'imagine where we would be if we had a 20 goals a season striker'

How many years is it now that we have been saying this... Re-read the start of this thread and we are all moaning about Crouch, Pav and Defoe.

In fact last summer we all agreed thay Defoe would the first player out the door as he wasnt up up to the calibre we.needed.

I think AVB.has done a fine job moulding the team into his style but we are a few players short of what he needs, he's done wonders in a short space of time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

'imagine where we would be if we had a 20 goals a season striker'

How many years is it now that we have been saying this... Re-read the start of this thread and we are all moaning about Crouch, Pav and Defoe.

In fact last summer we all agreed thay Defoe would the first player out the door as he wasnt up up to the calibre we.needed.

I think AVB.has done a fine job moulding the team into his style but we are a few players short of what he needs, he's done wonders in a short space of time...

Has anyone thought about what it would be like if levy had actually signed moutinio and diamio and not pretended to be trying, we might actually be sitting in second

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

The international break couldn't have come at a better time. Good rest and let's hope we kick on from there by nailing fourth spot.

Advertisement