Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Fulham

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

How do people call this a rest ??
    2 more matches......less time to work on things....
    Always bugs me...
    wouldnt surprise me if Bale gets injured too !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

How do people call this a rest ??
    2 more matches......less time to work on things....
    Always bugs me...
    wouldnt surprise me if Bale gets injured too !!!

Was hoping bale would be pulled out of squad as a precaution after Sunday. God help us if he injures himself this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Was hoping bale would be pulled out of squad as a precaution after Sunday. God help us if he injures himself this week.

now you have gone and jinxed it:eek:, prob break his head or something completely unheard off and obscure:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Without Lennon , the shape of the team is all over the place. Lets hope he sorts his hammy and groin out in 2 weeks !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm really worried. If we don't get 4th this season, we will for the next few seasons, regardless of how well it seems we're doing be known as bottlers. It has the potential to be something that hangs over the club for many years to come, regardless of who the manager is and who the players are. It's still in the clubs hands, but it's going to be a very difficult task.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

We bottled it last year but people (non spurs/arsenal) fans forget that. We only just held on to 4th despite been within touching distance of 2nd place at one stage.

Year before, during our first CL campaign we also bottled it... In mid Feb 2011 we had several chances to cement a top 4 place but dropped terrible points vs a terrible Blackburn team and then wolves the following week.

I think AVB is good enough to sort it whatever it is that's the problem at the moment but can he do it quickly enough to save our CL dreams?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

hugo29 wrote: »
    now you have gone and jinxed it:eek:, prob break his head or something completely unheard off and obscure:rolleyes:

When I edited football manager 2011, I introduced a new career threatening injury...a bruised head, players were out between 18-24 months. I really hope this miraculously doesn't happen to our main man!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Sick of reading about it and listening to it at this stage,bring on the next game and win the fooking thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I know it's three days since the match and people want to move on.... though, I couldn't write anything in the previous few days because some of the very fickle responses to the match really aggravated me and I didn't want to get in a slagging match when emotions were high.

Sitting in my seat in the West-Upper, one thing struck me throughout the match and that was the atmosphere. It was shocking. Us, the fans, had come to that game with an air of expectation. We are better than Fulham, they had nothing to play, we'll cheer when we're winning. Horrible.

Those of you who have played matches at any level with more than fifty people at the match, that air of expectation worms it's way in to the subconscious of the players and, ultimately, leads to complacency. Complacent passes. Complacent tackles. Complacent runs. Complacent shots.

This is where AVB will earn his crust. Fergie does it year in and year out, he never lets complacency in to his team even though they know they're the best. I firmly believe in AVB, but this is his biggest test.

We, the fans, have a massive part to play too. We have absolutely no right to finish in the top four. So next time you go over to WHL encourage the team that you love and don't just sit back and expect a win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

I know it's three days since the match and people want to move on.... though, I couldn't write anything in the previous few days because some of the very fickle responses to the match really aggravated me and I didn't want to get in a slagging match when emotions were high.

Sitting in my seat in the West-Upper, one thing struck me throughout the match and that was the atmosphere. It was shocking. Us, the fans, had come to that game with an air of expectation. We are better than Fulham, they had nothing to play, we'll cheer when we're winning. Horrible.

Those of you who have played matches at any level with more than fifty people at the match, that air of expectation worms it's way in to the subconscious of the players and, ultimately, leads to complacency. Complacent passes. Complacent tackles. Complacent runs. Complacent shots.

This is where AVB will earn his crust. Fergie does it year in and year out, he never lets complacency in to his team even though they know they're the best. I firmly believe in AVB, but this is his biggest test.

We, the fans, have a massive part to play too. We have absolutely no right to finish in the top four. So next time you go over to WHL encourage the team that you love and don't just sit back and expect a win!

used to sit in the west upper, years ago when I was using my boss sons season ticket, used to be a complete knob jockey who sat 3 rows behind me and all he did was abuse the team

• Advertisement
Advertisement