Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saints Row IV

Options

Comments

I loved Saints Row 2!

One of my favorite games that I got for my Xbox but I thought Saints Row 3 was too over the top and this looks like much of the same (Even more so).

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Thinking your getting confused Penn, Violation are the developers of the Saints Row series but they have just been be acquired by a new publisher following THQ's collapse.

A while back Violation announced they where working on an expansion pack for Saints Row 3 but a short while later said the content they planned was so large it warranted being a full sequel so they turned into Saints Row 4.

I'd imagine this has been in development for at least a year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I've always loved the SR games. Chewing gum for your brain I reckon if you don't read into them too deeply. This looks more like DLC though than an entirely new game. Doesn't seem to be bringing anything new to the table other than those Crackdown-esque super powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

these games are always great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

SR 2 was brilliant. I thougfht SR 3 was a bit too mental. This looks like S3 with super powers and aliens, din't think it could get more mental!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

THe whole superpower thing might be nice, but i was not a fan of SR3. It just didn't click with me, and i've tried it 3 times. Don't like the city, don't like the shiny everything graphics, and was not a fan of the different classes of enemies (especially those tank bastards!). It's like they listened to what people gave out about GTA IV that it wasn't fun, and tried too hard to make SR3 fun.

I thought SR3 would be the death of the series, but apparently not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I enjoyed saints row 3 but it was a very shallow experience in the end compared to the previous games.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Saints Row 2 and 3 are great. This looks even crazier, looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

IMO Saints Row 3 was milking the series, now Saints Row 4? Really? Saints Row 2 was hilarious because it was half serious half trying to be funny which made all the player made comedy more fun. But in Saints Row 3 I found that it just tries to be funny so bad that its at a point where it actually isn't anymore. Let alone the fact they milked all that DLC for just a few petty costumes and guns that were already on disk I just thought it was low to do that. Now that Saints Row 4 trailer looks like it is trying to be funny and silly when a matter of fact .... it kind of won't be. I think this is a wrong turn for Volition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I keep going back to SR3 and every time I can only manage an hour (if even) of it before I get sick of it again.

I really want to like it but there's just something so painfully shallow about the whole experience.

Not too bothered about 4 to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I loved 1 & 2, i enjoyed 3 but the story was in the bin compared to sr2. This looks even worse than 3... .. . And i find the whole dlc becoming a new game a bit hard to swallow, i remember that happening with a halo game it really effected the sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sulc84

I play saint raw 3 ,and game is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

sulc84 wrote: »
    I play saint raw 3 ,and game is good.

Insightful, do tell us more.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It has a Dubstep gun.

Gameplay vid showing dubstep gun and the super powers. Have to say the super powers do look fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

looks like a mess of a game, and will probably have 50e worth of dlc before gta5 is even out... the world looks pretty interesting in a saintsrow game for once, but everything else looks like a complete cluster fu*k of random ideas thrown together..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'd play it, but they need to change that flying/freefall animation...it's awful looking

• Registered Users Posts: 23,177 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Superpowers, mechs, guitar bazookas, aliens. I think it looks like a good laugh.

I won't buy it as soon as it comes out, I don't think it'll sell that well so wait for a few weeks and you'll probably be able to get it from Amazon for €20-25.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sulc84

Lot of fun in the new game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Looks pretty much identical to SR3 tbh with extra random stuff thrown in. I enjoyed SR3 though so I imagine I'll pick this up in the long run when its cheaper. I can't imagine GTA5 coming out the following month is going to help it's chances of doing well though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Looks pretty much identical to SR3 tbh with extra random stuff thrown in.

It was originally supposed to be DLC for Saints Row 3 but they extended it into a full game.

So, this game was refused classification in Australia. Stated by acting director Donald McDonald (bwahahaha :pac:)
    Australia's Classification Board said in a statement: "In the Board's opinion, Saints Row IV, includes interactive, visual depictions of implied sexual violence which are not justified by context.

Volition are making changes for an Australian version.

In other news, I saw the trophy/cheevo list and there is one called Zero Cool that makes me really want to play it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

looks kinda like saints row 3 + Prototype?

ill still get it, but like SR3 it wont be an essential.

SR2 is one of the best games ive ever played. it was always going to be hard to keep that level of fun and humor without something like this, especially since companies often forget what made the games fun when trying to improve it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think it'll be a Steam Sale purchase for me (SR3 was too having previously bought it on XBox and not really played it cause I'd just built my gaming PC).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Australia really should update their certification process, any slightly controversial game runs into trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I liked the few small touches they had in there (the Neo battle ready stance at the end was nice), and the Superpowers do look fun, but i have a feeling it will be like SR3, a complete mess. As above, maybe a Steam sale purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Saints Row 2 I thought was great, Saints Row 3 bored me

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The superpowers thing might save it. One of the reasons I disliked SR3 was because the driving was terrible compared to the GTA series. If most of the game happens outside of cars it might be ok.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Australia really should update their certification process, any slightly controversial game runs into trouble.

They did redo their certification process. 18+ games have only been allowed for the last year or so, yet they still are backwards as **** when it comes to what they allow. I'm over here at the moment, and it's pretty ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Kiith wrote: »
    They did redo their certification process. 18+ games have only been allowed for the last year or so, yet they still are backwards as **** when it comes to what they allow. I'm over here at the moment, and it's pretty ridiculous.

After reading this thread and looking it up in confused. Are most good games banned in Australia or could you import them yourself. Like can you buy SR2?

Advertisement