Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saints Row IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The 2nd submission has been refused by Australian Classification board.....just give it up Volition. Deep Silver said they will be submitting a 3rd version.

Also, really can't belive they have Troy Barker and Nolan North voicing the main player which I'm guessing you choose who you want.

Some cast including NPH and Terry Crewes.
    Keith David - As himself
    Danielle Nicolet - Shaundi
    Jennifer Jules Hart - Shaundi #2
    Natalie Lander - Kinzie Kensington
    Terry Crews - Benjamin King
    JB Blanc - Zinyak/Phillipe Loren
    Michael Dorn - Maero
    Neil Patrick Harris - DJ Veteran Child
    Yuri Lowenthal - Matt Miller
    Arif Kinchen - Pierce Washington
    Tim Thomerson - Cyrus Temple
    Mike Carlucci - Zach
    Rob Van Dam - Bobby
    Rebecca Riedy - Asha Odekar
    Andrew Bowen - Josh Birk/NyteBlayde
    Michael Yurchak - CID
    TC Carson - Big Tony
    Ursula Taherian - Tanya
    Ogie Banks - Warren Williams
    Nolan North - The President
    Troy Baker - The President
    Laura Bailey - The President
    Robin Atkin Downes - The President
    Diane Michelle - The President
    Kenn Michael - The President
    Sumalee Montano - The President

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭McDonnellDean

I originally wasn't excited for this. SR2 for me was the series pinnacle and after killing off Gat and wrecking Shaundi it looked like SR3 was rushed to put money in THQ's failing pockets, it was fun but it was a step down in quality.

However, there are two 1+ hour gameplays out, one from IGN, at it looks epic. Granted it has taken a completely new direction in terms of the gangsta thing but if you watch the footage it looks like what SR3 should have been.

I will pick this up day one as I know exactly what to expect and I bet it is a lot of fun. The extended play videos show how well they intermingled lots of interesting mechanics, it seems from the developer commentary that they thought a lot about how each piece would effect the other and ensured they all played nice. There are a moxy load of upgrades and side quests as well as the usual lot.

I would still like to see the series go back to it's roots after this game but this one does look pretty awesome..

Fun fact. Jennifer Hale and Laura Bailey sound very similar so you can now potentially have Johnny Gatt, FemShep and Admiral Anderson all in the one game... And of course Nolan North!

reviews are trickling out and it's sounding very positive :eek:

http://www.destructoid.com/review-saints-row-iv-259412.phtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Awful that people might not buy this because of that other game next month, this would of been a great game to release around May or June.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Over 20 reviews here, IGN has given it the lowest so far with a 7.1

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/14/saints-row-4-reviews-go-live-get-every-score-here/

• Advertisement

Holy Crap, all the reviews are coming in now and they are stellar!

Main thing putting me off this was how boring Saints Row 3 was. I tried playing it twice and gave up at the same bit about 4 missions in. This and Payday 2 are both on my wishlist for down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

a couple of 6 out of 10's in there, but very positive in general.

i have never played any of the games in the series for some reason :eek: , i presume if you like GTA that this game would appeal to me ? I used to buy alot of games , some only played for a few hours never to be used again. But these days i'm much more strict about what i buy , and only buy games i'm sure i will get use out of

GTR63 wrote: »
    Awful that people might not buy this because of that other game next month, this would of been a great game to release around May or June.

I still wouldn't have bought it. Looks way too over the top for my liking. Would have liked to see them go back to more along the lines of SR 2

I still wouldn't have bought it. Looks way too over the top for my liking. Would have liked to see them go back to more along the lines of SR 2

Yeah Saints Row 2 for me has been the best game in the series.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Nothing I've seen suggests that I'll be returning to the series after I bounced off SR3 hard. Push behind the wacky writing and I thought that there was very little to actually do in that game; the core mechanics just weren't very interesting. Despite being a more basic game on paper, in practice I found SR2 to be much more fun and, strangely, more memorable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Bought SR3 in the SSS, finished the main story in like 15 hours.

Not too many activities to do, miss the ****e truck from SR2

I will go back and play it again, more than I could say for gta.

Reviews for SR4 are very good thus far, tempted to get it.

Cheapest place for pc digital download?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,177 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Might change my mind on leaving this for a few weeks and just get it on release. The more I see of it, the more fun it looks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

kaimera wrote: »
    Not too many activities to do, miss the ****e truck from SR2

I will go back and play it again, more than I could say for gta.
    Yeah the sh*t truck was my favourite side mission/activity. Tried replaying GTA IV earlier. Its so much more sluggish than I remembered, the pop ups and washy textures are nothing short of horrendous too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Still not convinced. I'll be waiting until it's dirt cheap and i might try it then. They should have just dropped the SR name and called it something else, then i might have had more interest, but with the SR name and the mess that was SR3, it will be nothing like what i expect/want it to be.

Anyone end up getting it today?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I did. Haven't stopped laughing since it started. It's just insane. The novelty may wear off at some point, but so far I'm loving it.

Its amazing. I am in tears here. Very well done. Some serious lampooning going on. Even the into mission... Think Armageddon... And the song!

My girlfriend got it today, she is loving it, has not stopped playing all day

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Think Armageddon... And the song!

That bit was so f*cking funny!

• Advertisement

Just got to the haddaway, what is love part. I'm really enjoying the game. The story, although crazy is very well done and much more fleshed out. Lots of cut scenes and the characters have a lot of emotion now. If anything it shows SR3 up as a complete turd. Fair play to deep silver the really let volition polish the heck out of this game. The super powers also make Stillwater feel like a new city!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FireBreather

Wow,,, hopefully its because off the voice i picked but is anyones Swear words "Bleeped out", cause mine are

If its the first mission it is on purpose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm liking this so far but not loving it, it's just not Saints Row anymore.

#1 gripe is the autosave kicking in and lagging the game all the bloody time :mad:

Also I have the feeling I'm just laughing at the same old jokes so far.

Edit: put in about 5 hours total and I'm bored to tears here aside from a few laughs at the story and the initial novelty of new guns it's the same old tired game I've played 3 times already, super powers makes it feel like crackdown or prototype.

I think if i played the main story and simply focused on it and ignored everything else it might be better for me.

keeping it in still water instead of moving the game to washington was a mistake I think, that might have freshened it up a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Its almost Prototype without the consuming people. Its a sci-fi sandbox and its crazy, OTT, hilarious and a fun way to waste a few hours. Nothing more, and thats exactly what the developers made this game for.

miralize wrote: »
    Its almost Prototype without the consuming people. Its a sci-fi sandbox and its crazy, OTT, hilarious and a fun way to waste a few hours. Nothing more, and thats exactly what the developers made this game for.

All true but it has Saints Row in the title, if the devs had the nuts to drop that title and call it what ever and move the location id have more respect for them. from my 5 hours at it i am constantly feeling outside the main plot that the joke is on me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

I really didn't think i'd like this after sr3 but i have to say, i'm really enjoying it. Some really funny bits in it. Its a complete pisstake of a range of other games and its lots of fun to try and spot which game they are making a laugh out of. I also thought it was too over the top at first, but once you get into it you see that there are two parts to the game, the real world and a sort of computer simulated construct like the matrix, the latter being where all the OTT crazy **** happens.

Its not often a game would make me actually laugh, but this game has, more than once, and i've only played it for about 5 or 6 hours, but in saying that i'm not sure how long the game will last after the novelty wears off.

I personally would give it 8/10, its a great laugh, and seems a lot more polished(on the PC anyway) than SR3.

PS: It really bugs me that the radio doesn't switch off when you get out of a vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think it's safe to say any future comparisons between Saints Row 4 and GTAV will be utterly pointless. As others said, this game is more like Infamous or Prototype and as if Deadpool himself was the writer.

About 6 hours into it so far. It's still a pretty fun game, though I can't say I really laughed too much so far. The superpowers are fun but it pretty much completely removes any need or desire to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

The 1950's simulation and the Amageddon nod were highlights for me so far

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    The 1950's simulation and the Amageddon nod were highlights for me so far

I must confess I kept the outfit equipped from the 50's I did actually chuckle at how the simulation tried to correct your driving when you tried to crash the car or run down folks :pac:

Advertisement