Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saints Row IV

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'm enjoying it so far, it's actually the 1st Saints Row game I've ever properly played.

Nothing too special but it is fun, especially after I eventually got my character to look like Arnie the whole story seems to fit perfectly :pac:

"I am looking for ah phased plasma rifle in da 40-watt range"
    D4B29BDE954C7A5582214D6316728E5EED9A0E41

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I'm enjoying it so far, it's actually the 1st Saints Row game I've ever properly played.

Nothing too special but it is fun, especially after I eventually got my character to look like Arnie the whole story seems to fit perfectly :pac:

"I am looking for ah phased plasma rifle in da 40-watt range"
    D4B29BDE954C7A5582214D6316728E5EED9A0E41

You so need to re do that pic when you meet a murderbot and have a shotty :D

Think i just got over the hump and am actually having a blast now, just at the part
    where you go to rescue matt
    any one spot the
    wargames
    reference in the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

calex71 wrote: »
    You so need to re do that pic when you meet a murderbot and have a shotty :D

:pac:
    1024x576.resizedimage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I loved the
    Rescuing Asha part, "Theirs a Guard, shoot the two lights" "or you know I could use bullet instead of two and just kill him"

Just after
    rescuing Jonny, there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Whats everyone laughing at?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FireBreather

Right, i loved SR2,

loved the idea for 3 but was disappointed about the game

But 4 is blowing me away SO MUCH CONTENT,

even tough its crazy over the top somehow they actually hit the nastalgic lines with SR2, really make you feel it

And for such an over the top game unlike 3 it actually has a decent story this time around,
    No missions the same, this could almost be a game without missions that how good it is
    again so much content

Now i love Superhere games like Infamous and Prototype, even dough the physics in their games is way more structured for Superheros and SRs is slopped together

but for some strange reason Saints Row actually make ya feel like hero its deadly,,, could be the Radio, but whatever is is its working, still have a **** ton to do

The throw backs are great, Music is quality too

is it just me? but even tough you can run faster than a car, ya still end up driven and love it, its like running and driving are 2 completely different
    mechanics which works well

P.S was trying to make the car look like me, but somehow i made him look like Stephen Baldwin with the Turtle neck top

Anyone do the Asha mission ??? :D

Be sure to die at least once on that for those who haven't played it !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

calex71 wrote: »
    Anyone do the Asha mission ??? :D

Be sure to die at least once on that for those who haven't played it !!!!!!!

I just stopped after my 3rd go.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭McDonnellDean

Asha... That Light Has A Family... Oh how I laughed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

so i picked this up 2 days ago and its great, only problem i have an others here might have but every now and then it freezes my ps3 on me completly. usually just as its saving. doesnt corrupt the save thankfully but still annoying.

the side missions are great but i feel they are just a way to make sure you have everything done before you finish the main storyline. thats the way im doing it anyway.

while sr2 was great and sr3 seemed to just be silly i think its great that they seem to have slightly melded the 2. some seriousness but silliness mainly throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

What I'd like to know is how do the cars handle. I hated 3 but I liked how they handled in 2. The car handling in 3 is what finally put me off playing it, hated it so much. Wish they would make proper demos of this like they did for SR1, each game is so different controls and handling wise from each other, they need one. If there was a demo of SR4 I wouldn't be on the fence about it, I know if I like a game or not from a 5min demo.

so i picked this up 2 days ago and its great, only problem i have an others here might have but every now and then it freezes my ps3 on me completly. usually just as its saving. doesnt corrupt the save thankfully but still annoying.

the side missions are great but i feel they are just a way to make sure you have everything done before you finish the main storyline. thats the way im doing it anyway.

while sr2 was great and sr3 seemed to just be silly i think its great that they seem to have slightly melded the 2. some seriousness but silliness mainly throughout.

I find its usually after completing a mission as it auto saves or picking up a cluster, since ive collected most of them its no longer as bad,

What I'd like to know is how do the cars handle. I hated 3 but I liked how they handled in 2. The car handling in 3 is what finally put me off playing it, hated it so much. Wish they would make proper demos of this like they did for SR1, each game is so different controls and handling wise from each other, they need one. If there was a demo of SR4 I wouldn't be on the fence about it, I know if I like a game or not from a 5min demo.

Irrelevant how the cars handle because after an hour or so you wont be driving unless its during a mission.

And they are frustrating as soon as your in one, every other car on the road crashes into you.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Finished the game on PC and loved it, was probably the most fun I've had playing a game in forever. Can't really see any game topping it this year in terms of pure fun factor, still need to play Last of Us but that doesn't look "fun", there's GTA V too I suppose but after IV I can't really get excited for it.

The first chapter of Pride and Prejudice being read on the Classical station while running around causing chaos was the highlight of the game for me

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Eli Nich

I played Saint rows the third with more attention then compared to any GTA series definitely this one would be good as well.

Has to be one of the most satisfying finishes to a game in recent memory for me. :)

More games should have dubstep guns that you can upgrade with extra wub wubs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

As someone that has never played a saints row in their life, is 4 recommended? The worst reviews seem to focus on the fact it's like DLC for SR3?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

FutureGuy wrote: »
    As someone that has never played a saints row in their life, is 4 recommended? The worst reviews seem to focus on the fact it's like DLC for SR3?
    I'd recommend it but I'd say get 3 first, it's much cheaper huge amount to do and a hell of a lot of fun. Can pick it up in a few places for less than a tenner, so so so worth it.

up to 60% on PC in single player.

Played coop last night and it reminded me why i love SR. its not great in SP and 4 reinforces that. But its easily the best coop games ever made simply because it works and works how a coop game should.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 faultytool

I'm really enjoying SR4. Playing it purely co-op with my housemate, and it's great craic.

I remember dismissing it when I saw gameplay footage a few months back, thought it looked way over the top and just mindless. But gave it a chance and glad I did, some genuinely hilarious moments, great voice acting with a decent game and story underneath it all.

As for it being a trumped up SR3 DLC...I don't see the problem. It's a fun game worthy of full price.

Something satisfying about playing a game Aussies can't play as well... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

CSSE09 wrote: »
    I'd recommend it but I'd say get 3 first, it's much cheaper huge amount to do and a hell of a lot of fun. Can pick it up in a few places for less than a tenner, so so so worth it.

If you have a PS3, Saints Row 3 is currently free with a subscription to PS+. And there's a code for a 30 day free trial you can utilise, it's 6RG5-PGN9-PNE3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

so far, im not too impressed. the sense of humor is there, but its not as sharp as it was previously, and the gameplay so far is about on a par with 3.

Im hoping that as i get into it, ill enjoy it more. but thus far, its a far stretch from 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Have to say I didn't really enjoy the game. The superpowers were fun at first, but ultimately a bit shallow, and you get so used to them that missions where they're taken away from you become incredibly frustrating. And too many of the missions have situations where the screen goes funky or 16-bit graphics or whatever which can be annoying and is overused
    (Like when you're rescuing Johnny Gat and playing the Streets of Rage knock-off. That went on entirely too long)

It has some really fun moments and some good ideas, but the novelty of a lot of it wears off far too quickly, some of the side-missions/mini-games are tedious (Fraud, and that thing where you're running and having to chase the aliens on speeders) and I got very few laughs out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I didn't realise this was coming out of the PS4 so soon. I enjoyed Saints Row 3 a few years ago. Thinking about picking this up but it depends on the price really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Necrothread.

Got this in the Epic Games freebie and I have to say, I am not liking it much. It's a graphics and physics mod for Saints Row 3. Same map, same locations, a lot of the same activities, 99% the same skins and cosmetics. That's unbelievably lazy. The superpower mechanics are fun for a minute, but once you have sprint/jump levelled up even 2 levels, then they become massively overpowered and the map becomes a chore. There's no reason to use a vehicle of any sort. There's no reason to explore the map because you're not going to find anything, and guess what you saw it already. The main missions are ... okish but there's not much of a story to follow and the characters aren't actually doing much.

I think the worst part is the side missions. All the side missions are actually just "do some map activities that you'd be doing anyway and get rewarded with a single line of 'character x is pleased, do another mission'."

It's over the top for the sake of it and there's still nothing as entertaining at the end of it as the "chauffeur a tiger" missions from SR3. SR3 had a better, more varied world, different characters were actually doing something that you had a reason to follow, side missions were actual missions with a purpose and a plot. This just feels like some cutscenes, some extra physics, and a list of new collectibles.

Advertisement