Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please recommend a SIP softphone?

Options
  • 15-03-2013 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I use a SIP softphone for work and the client I have been using is X-Lite.

Frequent crashes occured when I was primarily using it on a Windows XP desktop, and at the time I just concluded this was due to it running on such an old computer.

Unfortunately the frequent crashes also occur on my new Windows 8 Asus Zenbook, and it also crashed often before upgrading to Windows 8 from Windows 7 on the same ultrabook.

If you use X-Lite do you encounter the same problems, and can you recommend an alternative?

I also use it sometimes on my Android phone using the CSipSimple app, if you have alternatives recommendations for that I would be interested in hearing them too but I'm mainly considered with Windows clients.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 johnmd01

zoiper free or paid edition works well for me.Android client as well.
    Paid has g729 and multi sip account registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

johnmd01 wrote: »
    zoiper free or paid edition works well for me.Android client as well.
    Paid has g729 and multi sip account registration.

Thanks, I will try it.

Please keep the recommendations coming, there is a large list of clients on Wikipedia I am going through.

Advertisement