Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vote for "Bertie's man in Meath East" Thomas Byrne

• 15-03-2013 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭

Someone has been busy trying to delete Thomas Byrne's past on the internet.

Surprisingly today the Irish Independent released one of the deleted videos linking Thomas Byrne to Bertie , where Bertie refers to Byrne as his man in Meath East

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/deleted-video-shows-bertie-ahern-urging-thomas-byrne-support-29131820.html

Let us not forget that Thomas Byrne was a member of the government that destroyed our country. And Bertie's man in Meath East before that

Another case of FF trying to pull one over on the electorate.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I just don't understand why the people would even consider voting for a Fianna Fail candidate, never mind a candidate who was part of the government that brought us into this very mess people are so unhappy about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Sully wrote: »
    I just don't understand why the people would even consider voting for a Fianna Fail candidate, never mind a candidate who was part of the government that brought us into this very mess people are so unhappy about.

It seems to be "He's not the worst" type of attitude will get FF back in Goverment during the next election, Tis sickening really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭peter barrins

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

This post has been deleted.

I don't post on other blogs and I am not part of any party or organisation. So you can stop your conspiracy theory there.

You are correct however that I have an agenda.
    I was disgusted to see Fianna Fail ruin our economy so savagely
    I was more disgusted to see the same people try to pin the blame on everyone else and hide their past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

raymon wrote: »
    Let us not forget that Thomas Byrne was a member of the government that destroyed our country.
    He wasn't a member of government. He was a backbench TD.

• Advertisement

Phoebas wrote: »
    He wasn't a member of government. He was a backbench TD.

Yes , government TDs are members of the government .

You might be mixing it up with Cabinet. He wasn't a cabinet TD

No. You're wrong.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The cabinet is the government. The cabinet is the only body that expresses executive authority in Ireland. You really need to study our political system in more depth, especially for someone who does so much commenting about it.

The cabinet is the government. The cabinet is the only body that expresses executive authority in Ireland. You really need to study our political system in more depth, especially for someone who does so much commenting about it.

Government TDs are part of the government.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Government TDs are part of the government.

No, they aren't. The government only consists of those who sit at the cabinet table. Backbenchers may support the government, but that does not mean that they are the government.

Basic facts.

• Advertisement

@raymon. Give it up. You are completely wrong here.

Advertisement