Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Patrick's Day Festival 5k (16th March)

Options
  • 15-03-2013 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Anybody else doing this?

Looking forward to my first run in the city centre for a while although I can't seem to find a map of the course as yet.

Edit: Ok, found a map of 2009 course from an old thread. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/18974071

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Heliotrope wrote: »
    Anybody else doing this?

Looking forward to my first run in the city centre for a while although I can't seem to find a map of the course as yet.

Edit: Ok, found a map of 2009 course from an old thread. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/18974071

cant wait!!! great race last year. things have been a bit stressful lately ;) so good timing to blow off some steam!! good luck to everyone tomorrow. can't wait to smash my pathetic pb to pieces!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Not a lot doing this it seems. Can't understand why as its a great race. I'm heading in myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Yeah, doing this tomorrow and looking forward to it. Was a great race last time I did it and a lovely flat course.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭davemcmahon

Am doing this tomorrow. Really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

A family affair for us; Junior3, Mr S and I are all really looking forward to this.
    Very best of luck to all:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

Heading in aswell, about 10-15 others from the club going too. Always a great little race

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

I'm doing this race tomorrow too. Always a great atmosphere at this race. Changed my weekend around especially to be around for it. Hopefully we'll get decent weather. Best of luck to all:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I'm doing it too, with a few friends from our club. Looking forward to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 sgall

Will be my first time tomorrow and looking forward to it. Good luck & here's the map http://www.msbac.ie/images/maps/StPats5KMap2013.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

Marthastew wrote: »
    A family affair for us; Junior3, Mr S and I are all really looking forward to this.
    Very best of luck to all:)

The Ral3 entourage have been targetting this for a while also.

Website previously said families could register on the day - is this still the case - website has no mention of this now!

Have the kids been stuffing their faces with pasta for nothing?
    Are my wifes Ben Hur chariots runner blades to go to waste?

More importantly do I not get the chance to grind them all into the ground over the last 100m...........?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

I'm hoping we can register tomorrow too... wasn't sure if this was going to fit in the schedule, but due to a last minute cancellation of training for the young miss, it does. So assuming we can register on the day, I'll hopefully be seeing you all around the Mansion House :D

Best of luck to anyone going for the PB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Am doing it with my daughter, looking forward to the race and meeting some boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

It looks nice out this morning........hopefully it stays this way for the next few hours and the wind/rain stays away!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Me too, just collected my race number and had a bit of Craic with Eamonn Coghlan and the mime !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

Results now on www.championchipireland.com

Chip times will follow once I have all the late entry data sent to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Team results?

Team results?

Forget the team results. How about the TW2 vs TRR result :);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Great race. Great weather despite the bit of rain! Support en route was fab. Lovely to see the streets of Dublin so lively this morning. Knocked well over a minute off since Santry so absolutely feckin delighted:D
    Awaiting chip time with baited breath.
    Hope you all had a good race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Are these the complete results?

No sign of my bib number on that spreadsheet.

Great race today, well organised and great facilities in the mansion house. Well done MSB. (and a nice shiny PB for me).

• Advertisement

Results with chip times now on www.championchipireland.com. Sorry for delay but had issues with those who insisted in ignoring the marshalls and walking over the start line before the gun. I'll have another check through for any anomalies later and re post if there are any.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sporteamon3

Will the names of the Family Entries on the day be added in instead of blank spaces in the results? Family Entry was only available on the day and even at that they only gave 2 chips per family. I paid an extra €10 for a third chip so my son's time would be recorded.

Just uploaded the batch of names sent to me 20 mins ago which should fill in the gaps from the entries taken today. I was not inside the Mansion Hse but it was very busy by all accounts with late entries so it takes a while to get the data typed in and checked.

Anyone missing just drop me an email and I'll sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Enjoyed this race - great to run around the streets of Dublin - although I missed out on the PB I had targeted. Organisation was a bit off before the start, they realised way too late that hundreds of people had just come in from the footpaths to right behind the elites; many of these arrivals should not have lined up there. A minor quibble as far as I'm concerned, being a novice in relation to these races. Well done to all who took part in a colder and wetter than forecast event.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Ran this race, enjoyed being able to run through the city streets & got a pb too so very happy with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

My third year running this and this year I was joined by Mr S and our youngest son.
    I was chatting after the race (while enjoying some chocolate Kimberlys:)) and we were remarking on the fact that it's surprising the race doesn't get more entries (just under 1200) I know it's quite expensive but MSB does a great job and running around the streets of Dublin is always fun:)
    Well done to all who raced and Happy St Patrick's Day:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Marthastew wrote: »
    My third year running this and this year I was joined by Mr S and our youngest son.
    I was chatting after the race (while enjoying some chocolate Kimberlys:)) and we were remarking on the fact that it's surprising the race doesn't get more entries (just under 1200) I know it's quite expensive but MSB does a great job and running around the streets of Dublin is always fun:)
    Well done to all who raced and Happy St Patrick's Day:D

Two park runs on the same day !!!

Two park runs on the same day !!!

You may have a point there and there are were other races on as well like the urban trails etc but even in past years this race has never reached it's potential in terms of numbers. 1200 is probably one of their biggest fields actually. When you think that a race (as good as it is) like the Raheny 5 miles literally gets 4 times more runners than this one it just doesn't make sense to me. Any suggestions why?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Heliotrope

A lot of people went home to the country for the bank holiday weekend perhaps?

• Advertisement

TRR wrote: »

You may have a point there and there are were other races on as well like the urban trails etc but even in past years this race has never reached it's potential in terms of numbers. 1200 is probably one of their biggest fields actually. When you think that a race (as good as it is) like the Raheny 5 miles literally gets 4 times more runners than this one it just doesn't make sense to me. Any suggestions why?

There's a lot of 5k/10k races on around St Patricks day, so that'll detract from the crowd.
    That said, it's a well run event in its 8th year and its only my 1st yr running it, so maybe advertising needs to be bumbed up??

Park run might take a few runners from it, but I wouldn't say too many. You can do a park run every week, but there's not too many times u get to run around empty Dublin streets!

Advertisement