Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NO SHOW AT FAMILY COURT

• 15-03-2013 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭

I'm in the family court next Wednesday to get my access order varied.

My ex has just informed me she cannot make it that day as she starts an internship next week.

How is the addressed in the family court? Do i turn up and say she can't make it - is it rescheduled etc.

Any information appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

im sure she knew about this from the start, do you have a solicitor and does she.cant see why she wouldnt be there ,it would be all drawn out as in waiting for another date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Moved to Legal Discussion, please be aware of the forums charter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Slyderx1

firstly the excuse has to valid and sufficient for the judge to adjourn the matter. this is a matter for your ex. if you are representing yourself then you should tell her that she will have to communicate with the court in some form. if she doesnt then as a matter of protocol you should tell the judge what she told you but at the same time stress that you advised her to communicate with the judge. This would be reduced to writing intra solicitors of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

She's entitled to time off for a court date. And it's an internship - she's not even paid for it! Is her unpaid position more important that her kids?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Slyderx1

its important that she respects the court and makes prior contact with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement