Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feature About How Do In The News And Star

Options
  • 15-03-2013 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Did anyone read it?How Do's actual name is Michael O'Shea.He was born in Dublin but he grew up in Tralee county Kerry.He also was in the army for awhile.He was based in the Collins barracks in Cork.Sadly teasing from rude and ignorant kids and teenagers is not the worst that How Do has to put up with.When asked about life in Waterford is like?How Do said he has good friends and bad friends.When he see's the bad friends he goes into the Centra on the quay and tell's the staff there's people outside threatening me for money call the guards.How Do also spoke about how when he goes to the post office on the quay to collect his welfare money dodgy characters hang around watching him go in.How Do now get's some workers from the Saint Vincent De Paul shelter to accompany him when he goes to the post office to stop these people from attacking him.

I have to say it was very sad reading that there is nasty characters in Waterford who wish to cause this inoffensive man harm.How Do was the victim of a really nasty and unprovoked assault in Limerick a few years go.The assault was so bad the poor man lost an eye.So How Do only has one eye with vision the other one is made of glass.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Did anyone read it?How Do's actual name is Michael O'Shea.He was born in Dublin but he grew up in Tralee county Kerry.He also was in the army for awhile.He was based in the Collins barracks in Cork.Sadly teasing from rude and ignorant kids and teenagers is not the worst that How Do has to put up with.When asked about life in Waterford is like?How Do said he has good friends and bad friends.When he see's the bad friends he goes into the Centra on the quay and tell's the staff there's people outside threatening me for money call the guards.How Do also spoke about how when he goes to the post office on the quay to collect his welfare money dodgy characters hang around watching him go in.How Do now get's some workers from the Saint Vincent De Paul shelter to accompany him when he goes to the post office to stop these people from attacking him.

I have to say it was very sad reading that there is nasty characters in Waterford who wish to cause this inoffensive man harm.How Do was the victim of a really nasty and unprovoked assault in Limerick a few years go.The assault was so bad the poor man lost an eye.So How Do only has one eye with vision the other one is made of glass.

If its the same attack that Im thinking of it wasnt in Limerick it was a group of Lithuanians that tried to murder him outside city square by the old post depot. He was stabbed a number of times and spent a long while in hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

O Riain wrote: »
    If its the same attack that Im thinking of it wasnt in Limerick it was a group of Lithuanians that tried to murder him outside city square by the old post depot. He was stabbed a number of times and spent a long while in hospital.

God that's awful.Are you referring to an incident that happened near the Peter Street/Olaff Street entrance of the City Square centre when a homeless man was stabbed in broad daylight?I think this incident happened around 05 or 06.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Oh my god that's awful, the poor man! Actually just passed him last week by boots and he said "how do?" to me. He was in great form

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jad2007

The attack happened in 2006 , How Do had his throat slashed and 3 men and a woman were arrested. 3 of the 4 are related and well known to local Gardai.

I mention this to clarify that it was not a attack by non nationals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

They were travellers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Absolutely appalling.

Was anyone charged over the attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

jad2007 wrote: »
    The attack happened in 2006 , How Do had his throat slashed and 3 men and a woman were arrested. 3 of the 4 are related and well known to local Gardai.

I mention this to clarify that it was not a attack by non nationals.

Could have sworn I read they were Lithuanians, which to tell the truth didn't make a whole lot of sense! Thanks for the clarification

Again to clarify, they were not travellers either. They are a local family with a serious history of drug abuse and violence. They are from Hennessys Road originally but scattered through the city at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Again to clarify, they were not travellers either. They are a local family with a serious history of drug abuse and violence. They are from Hennessys Road originally but scattered through the city at the moment.

I'm referring to the incident in limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Pretty sure I know the family your talking about so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Why the hell wont people just mention who stabbed him? i mean seriously what the hell is the problem with naming them if they where charged?

just say there bloody names rather than repeat this nonsense of i know who did it but i cant say in case i hurt someones feelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Media999 wrote: »
    Why the hell wont people just mention who stabbed him? i mean seriously what the hell is the problem with naming them if they where charged?

just say there bloody names rather than repeat this nonsense of i know who did it but i cant say in case i hurt someones feelings.
    If there was an article about it in the paper it must be online somewhere and thus can be linked to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Media999 wrote: »

Speaking for myself here, I am pretty sure I know who the guy is referring to but I won't say it on thread in case I'm wrong, would not like to be implicating/blaming people in the wrong and get accused of spreading ****.

Not really a I know something you don't know kind of thing buddy

just say there bloody names rather than repeat this nonsense of i know who did it but i cant say in case i hurt someones feelings

The reason I posted was to clarify that it was not non nationals or travellers as both groups had been mentioned. If the wrong groups were not mentioned I wouldnt have posted at all.

I remember someone telling me that he was a really talented photographer back in the day.

Advertisement