Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staining wooden swing set

• 15-03-2013 10:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭

Was not really sure which forum to put this in ....... Bought the big Faro swing set from Smyths today. The posts are pressure treated but I'm guessing its a good idea to stain it ? But what type ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭shooter88

km79 wrote: »
    Was not really sure which forum to put this in ....... Bought the big Faro swing set from Smyths today. The posts are pressure treated but I'm guessing its a good idea to stain it ? But what type ?
    If it has been properly pressure treated no need go near it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭jones

km79 wrote: »

Slightly off topic but how are you finding the swing set? i'm looking at the same one for my daughter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭km79

jones wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but how are you finding the swing set? i'm looking at the same one for my daughter.

Excellent. Very sturdy. I bought longer screws for the slide though. The ones supllied were too short to keep it secure

Good stuff i was thinking it seemed the sturdiest by far in Smyths. I think i'll pull the trigger and order it now.

Thanks for the feedback

Good stuff i was thinking it seemed the sturdiest by far in Smyths. I think i'll pull the trigger and order it now.

Thanks for the feedback
    Set aside a weekend to build it !

• Advertisement

Really is it that complicated?

ps if you dont mind me asking what ages are yours using it? my daughter is 7 and i was hoping this would last a few years (i.e. 20 ha)

Really is it that complicated?

ps if you dont mind me asking what ages are yours using it? my daughter is 7 and i was hoping this would last a few years (i.e. 20 ha)
    Ya really need a helper if possible.
    2 and 12 ! She will love it !

Just to update folks put up the swings with a mate and they are great! one thing i noticed though is the poles are all very cracked? like propper half inch thick cracks which is slightly worrying.

Apart from that everything is great though and the little one loves it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,587 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Rather than staying it, I'd paint it a fun colour ronseal and cuprionaldo great colours

Advertisement