Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200mm tall x100mm thick Cedarwood/Oak/Douglas Fir beams...where from?

• 15-03-2013 10:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where in Ireland (leinster prefered) that would supply 200mm tall x 75 or 100mm thick Cedarwood,Douglas Fir or Oak?

Looking for quite a few 8+ foot lengths of the above mentioned...more less in a railway sleeper size.

Tried Abbeywood in Baldoyle,D13,but they dont have that sort of thickness in stock.:(

So can anyone help me out.

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

I can find out off a mate on Monday if you like. He's not far from Tullamore.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 zebrano.96

whats the application, would laminated or hollow work for u and save u some money:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

zebrano.96 wrote: »
    whats the application, would laminated or hollow work for u and save u some money:)

Its for outdoor uses.:)

woodturner wrote: »
    I can find out off a mate on Monday if you like. He's not far from Tullamore.

Thats would be fantastic...thanks.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

In old money you want 9" x 3" planks which you will certainly find in American Oak in the major outlets. Trouble is its not really an outdoor wood. You will also find it with a bit of searching in Iroko which is much more durable. Failing that you will have to search the sawmills for native Irish oak which is durable outdoors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

I bought a bale of oak sleepers on done deal off a boy from wicklow came in those dimensions but only 7'6" long. They were not used as in no big shoe holes but some had a lot of splits and shakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

graiguecullen sawmills will cut that for you they usually have plenty of Douglas, larch, and oak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭newbie2013

Cedar will be expensive

newbie2013 wrote: »
    Cedar will be expensive

Dont mind the cost,within reason....as long as its not absolutely silly money.

graiguecullen sawmills will cut that for you they usually have plenty of Douglas, larch, and oak

Thanks.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement