Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newborn history keepsakes

Options
  • 16-03-2013 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi All, Im about to become a father for the first time in the next couple of weeks, i was looking to put something together for her on the day she was born, buy a newspaper on the day with the headlines etc, i was also looking for something that i could fill in like who was president, what song was number 1 etc, has anyone else done this sort of thing? What other questions and answers could be asked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

My daughter's baby book has all these questions in it, and it was only a cheapy one.
    Names of world leaders
    Headlines of the day
    Price of litre milk and loaf bread
    Number one on the day UK, Ireland and USA
    Movies in cinema

Think that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gazelec

Thanks staticdoor, where did you pick up the book? What are the books called?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Thats great thank you, ill pop into easons during the week for a look

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DG Leixlip

I have made 'the day you were born boxes' for us - and for close friends and families newborns.

I usually put in 2 newspapers, stamps from that year (can get from an-post .. they do fancier gift packs for the year, or individual stamps), coin set for that year (can get gift packs from the central bank), I usually also buy a lotto ticket (will have the date on it - think daily millions has a draw every day, plus I put the results slip in for that day too). I also get a shopping receipt for that day that has the price of a slice pan, milk, chocolate bar, crisps etc. a buy and sell paper can be good too - to show the prices of stuff at the time...

• Advertisement

Hi DG Leixlip, thats a great idea, thats the kind of line i would like to go down with, cheers.

Advertisement