Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinder, u aware?

Options
  • 16-03-2013 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

Any of you on Tinder? Basically its an app that finds out who likes you from Facebook. I'm to scared to do it. Rejection feels bad knah what am sayin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Rejection feels bad knah what am sayin?
    No. I am unrejectable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Rejection feels bad knah what am sayin?
    I thought a key feature was that no one can find out if you rejected them or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Sounds like this is a site that could be used to cyberbully people or put people down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Site will only take off if every shouts TINNNNNDEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Lawliet wrote: »
    I thought a key feature was that no one can find out if you rejected them or not.

If there is one thing I hate more than rejection, its ambivalence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

unknown13 wrote: »
    Sounds like this is a site that could be used to cyberbully people or put people down.
    A few of my friends have this app and basically how it works is you put in your age, gender, orientation and location, the app finds profiles that are compatible. You can look through them and either ignore or like the person. If the other person has come across your profile and liked it you can talk, if not, nothing happens. No comments, no hurt feelings because there's no way of knowing if another person has even seen your profile, and you don't get notified if someone has liked you, you only find out if they like you back. It's also linked to your facebook so it wont show your picture to any of your friends.
    It seems fairly inoffensive, I don't see how it could be used to bully or put down people anymore than checking out randomers facebook profiles or creeping on people IRL. Other dating sites are far worse; I've heard of so many people getting harassed on OK cupid and similar sites, at least with this app no one can contact you without permission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

knah what am sayin?
    what??:confused::pac:

Advertisement