Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad screen replacement - apple or?

• 16-03-2013 12:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking on recommendations of somewhere to get an ipad screen replacement (glass only).
    Does anybody know what apple charge?
    Or a genuine crowd that do a proper job - too many cowboys out there.
    Based in Limerick

Thanks in advance!
    Keith

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

What generation iPad?
    Is your casing badly dented?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

What generation iPad?
    Is your casing badly dented?

iPad 2 - casing is perfect - literally just the glass
    It didn't take a fall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Have you checked with CompuB on O'Connell St, beside BT? Probably wouldn't be the cheapest, but at least they're 'legit'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

iora_rua wrote: »
    Have you checked with CompuB on O'Connell St, beside BT? Probably wouldn't be the cheapest, but at least they're 'legit'.
    I got my ipad 2 glass replaced last week with "CLICK", it cost €139 and not entirely happy withy the job. I had to return it as they accidentally severed the power chord and then had to wait 5 days for them to get a chord. And now I notice the glass feels inferior to the original glass. Not the same solid feel to the new glass.

iora_rua wrote: »
    Just tried there - they don't do repairs

• Advertisement

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I got my ipad 2 glass replaced last week with "CLICK", it cost €139 and not entirely happy withy the job. I had to return it as they accidentally severed the power chord and then had to wait 5 days for them to get a chord. And now I notice the glass feels inferior to the original glass. Not the same solid feel to the new glass.
    That's what I'm trying to avoid - an inferior replacement

Once the casing is in decent condition, any reputable repair company should be able to fix like new for €99-€130

I also just noticed my iPad 2 wifi receiver is not working as long a range as prior to screen replacement. It now won't pick up wifi in the living room yet my iPod touch has two bars and iPod wifi working much more than the repaired iPad 2 :(

Once the casing is in decent condition, any reputable repair company should be able to fix like new for €99-€130

Looking at the DIY videos on YouTube - it looks pretty easy to fu*k up at the same time :)

I also just noticed my iPad 2 wifi receiver is not working as long a range as prior to screen replacement. It now won't pick up wifi in the living room yet my iPod touch has two bars and iPod wifi working much more than the repaired iPad 2 :(

Someone tore the wifi antenna when they were removing the old screen!:eek:
    Bring it back and have them replace, it's a common problem if the original screen isn't removed correctly

• Advertisement

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Looking at the DIY videos on YouTube - it looks pretty easy to fu*k up at the same time :)

It's definitely not a DIY job, I've done maybe 40-50 of them and still find it difficult to do

Someone tore the wifi antenna when they were removing the old screen!:eek:
    Bring it back and have them replace, it's a common problem if the original screen isn't removed correctly
    Ok I'll take it back to them for the 3rd time, I won't be paying them though its surely their fault. :(

Ok I'll take it back to them for the 3rd time, I won't be paying them though its surely their fault. :(
    Definitely, they've tore the wifi antenna if the wifi isn't as strong as before the repair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

its shocking what these big shops are getting away with:mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement