Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - Service cancellation/restoration issue

• 16-03-2013 1:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭

Hello,

A week ago I forgot to pay the UPC bill and as a result our service was discontinued. I paid the amount in full the day after and rather than having service restored as expected they texted me a week later saying that "a new modem has been dispatched and will arrive at your house shortly". I don't understand why they couldn't just restore my service using the old modem. The fact that the house will be empty for a few weeks just makes it awkward because no-one will be there to pick the modem up, and as well as this they can go to hell if they think i'm paying for that "new" modem.

Basically, can I ring them and get them to restore service using the old modem? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What model modem did you have before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

It was a Cisco EPS2425.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Think you probably go on a new contract once they cancel you, so you're starting with the new equivalent package(now unlimited vs 500GB) but also up to the more modern 3925.

Hope they dont charge you €45 for the new modem rental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Best thing is to call them I'd say. I doubt they would send you out a modem without you at least asking for the service back.

Advertisement