Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAD Portfolio Results - 2013

Options
  • 16-03-2013 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there, does anyone know when the results for the NCAD portfolios will be sent out? Dying to find out if I got in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SamWhamBar

Apparently they send them out the next working day after Paddys day, if thats any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Blue_Seas

Dying for mine too. Cautiously optimistic for tomorrow, but no guarantees! Tell me how you get on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Anna.Charlie

Do you get a letter no matter what does anybody know cuz im freaking out lol:eek: soo happy ive found other ppl who are talking about this years one x

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lukeh1055

Pretty sure you get one regardless so no worries! Let us know when yous get yours, and how yous get on

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lorilow

Oh did not know it was this soon I will be nervously waiting on the post this week !

• Advertisement

I will definitly lol I wish u guys all luck on here :) x

Yeah you get one regardless! It'll be out this week since the new brief is out next week. If SamWhamBar is right and they were sent out Tuesday 19th we could get them today (Wednesday)!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Legendredhead

Ehrmagerd, forgot it'd be this week, hopefully there'll be a golden wax sealed envelope awaiting me when i get home tomorrow from the crawford submission!

Rang NCAD today, they said the letters will hopefully be sent out on monday

Got mine today, 553 points! Hope everyone else got good news!

(This does mean I'm in, right? Just gotta meet the matriculation requirements?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Kittens23

I got 400 i did not get in im absolutely gutted but i know their is other collages this is my second time applying to NCAD and im in bits i worked so hard and to what ? I give up applying to that bloody collage

Blue_Seas wrote: »

(This does mean I'm in, right? Just gotta meet the matriculation requirements?)

Same I got mine today too, 713 points and Delighted :D
    But yeah does this mean we can be certain of a place if we get the required grades in the Leaving Cert?

Also can anyone tell me if I can still change my order of preference on the CAO?
    Like i had NCAD first, and LSAD second, and I got both, so do I have to go with NCAD now or can i switch if i wanted to?

Kittens23 wrote: »
    I got 400 i did not get in im absolutely gutted but i know their is other collages this is my second time applying to NCAD and im in bits i worked so hard and to what ? I give up applying to that bloody collage

I'm so sorry! You weren't far off the cutoff point though. And it's all subjective, too. Depending in the course some other places might be better, too

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭anomynous

Got a place! So happy! :D

Letter confused me though with the whole ''this is not a place offer for this course'' towards the end of the page. Is it that if I have the Leaving Cert I definitely have the place and then in August of whatever you're offered officially by CAO?

Does anyone know how we go about sorting accommodation too?
    Like i'd rather stay with other NCAD first years rather than random people whom i wont really have anything in common with!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ArtyFarty

Hey guys I got 435, I am on the waiting list and wondered if anyone else is and if anyone knows the chances of getting in on the wait list? I have iadt down too but really want ncad. Thought I would get at least 450 so am a little sad! Congrats to all of you who did get it though! And if you are above 478 you're in, depending on leaving cert results obviously though.

anomynous wrote: »
    Got a place! So happy! :D

Letter confused me though with the whole ''this is not a place offer for this course'' towards the end of the page. Is it that if I have the Leaving Cert I definitely have the place and then in August of whatever you're offered officially by CAO?

Basically means if you meet matriculation requirements from the LC you'll get a place, or if you meet the requirements for FETAC or a mature applicant. I'd say it's just an insurance thing so people don't go and abandon their leaving cert because they think they have a place.

ArtyFarty wrote: »
    Hey guys I got 435, I am on the waiting list and wondered if anyone else is and if anyone knows the chances of getting in on the wait list? I have iadt down too but really want ncad. Thought I would get at least 450 so am a little sad! Congrats to all of you who did get it though! And if you are above 478 you're in, depending on leaving cert results obviously though.

As far as I know, if you call you can be told what place you are on the waiting list, and that should help!

I got in as we'll :) don't really understand the letter but I get that part lol x

Does anyone know how we go about sorting accommodation too?
    Like i'd rather stay with other NCAD first years rather than random people whom i wont really have anything in common with!
    I agree I really don't know how to go about accomidation wish there were halls lol x

• Advertisement

Just a note on Accomodation I got from the NCAD SU
    There's no set housing or campus housing for NCAD. However it's located in the Liberties in Dublin 8 which is a very residential area. Thomas Street, Francis Street and Meath Street are prime real estate for NCADers, but there's lots of streets nearby full of houses. It's also a really nice place to live and I would recommend it the most. Just across the river is Smithfield and nice places like Stoneybatter, which are also worth considering plus the luas etc.

The only problem is your competition. Renters in Dublin are insane. I don't know the reason behind it, but properties that go up for rent, even bad quality ones get snapped up really fast. Use Daft.ie, but go on at like 8/9 in the morning because often the are taken that day!

Don't pay any more than 400 for your accommodation unless it's a palace.

Then if you're looking for someone to share with you should do 2 things one is join the NCAD accommodation page which I just added you to which will be updated this year and the other is stick a sign up on the notice board in the granary building in NCAD saying you're looking for housemates.

Please note that if you are a first year living with first years very local to NCAD your house might be used for parties often. It's better to be in this situation in first year than in fourth year though anyway.

Basically to get good accommodation around NCAD you've got to wait until near the beginning of Summer for the other students leases to be up.
    Joining the NCAD accommodation page on facebook is a good idea too!
    I think i'm going to put a deposit down for Grove Island in Limerick just incase i change my mind and then wait and see as regards NCAD.

Thank you. Very excited :) so happy I found this board too lol x

Anyone have an idea what they want to specialize in after Core?

Same I got mine today too, 713 points and Delighted :D
    But yeah does this mean we can be certain of a place if we get the required grades in the Leaving Cert?

Also can anyone tell me if I can still change my order of preference on the CAO?
    Like i had NCAD first, and LSAD second, and I got both, so do I have to go with NCAD now or can i switch if i wanted to?
    Got in with 690 :D

Yeah once you get the required leaving cert grades you've got your place for sure.
    I'm pretty sure you can change your course choice orders around as well.

Blue_Seas wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea what they want to specialize in after Core?
    Would love to do print!
    Found this blog with some really nice work from NCAD students

http://ncadfineartprint.wordpress.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lorilow

Hi there and well done I got 418 and a passed the portfolio stage but I am mature student have to fill in forms and do interview so I don't really have a place but do hope to get one!! Any other mature students in the same position as me!!!

SamWhamBar wrote: »
    Would love to do print!
    Found this blog with some really nice work from NCAD students

http://ncadfineartprint.wordpress.com/

Looks cool! I'm thinking of doing Vis Comm myself. Yis all seemed to have gotten more than me :D I'd like to see the breakdown of scores for the portfolio

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cburke18

Ya there is no student accommodation for NCAD students and I got accepted today to with 653 points and was wondering about sharing an apartment with other NCAD students going into core or education next year ??:)

SamWhamBar wrote: »
    Would love to do print!

Gravitating towards print myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shnoo_shnoo

Do you have to pass maths to get in ...?

Advertisement