Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Shannon Larratt 1973-2013

Options
  • 16-03-2013 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭

I have started and stopped this update several times because I honestly don’t know what to say and nothing I could say would be adequate. It is with sadness and regret that I have to announce that Shannon has passed away. We will post something more at a later date but right now we are all still reeling and grieving. We ask that you please respect Rachel and her daughter’s privacy at this time as well as the rest of Shannon’s family and friends. Thank you for understanding and being such a wonderful and supportive community.

http://news.bme.com/2013/03/15/rip-shannon-larratt-1973-2013/

Just spotted this. Sad news.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

It doesn't really say who that person was?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Dermighty wrote: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shannon_Larratt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Dermighty wrote: »

Wow.

When I think of names in body mods he is one of the first I would think of. Most people here would of at least browsed bme at some point. If you were into body mods from simple piercing to the more extreme stuff you really have to respect him Shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

This was brought to my attention by a well liked ex - boards user. Shannon's last goodbye:
    tH4lcey.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

:( so sad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ClicheGuevara

Deeply saddened by this loss. Shocked at the amount of people who have no idea who he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

That was one of the most beautiful, upsetting, emotional and touching things I have read in a very long time. I've never heard of him, (I've not had many dealings with body mod), but he sounds like an incredible person who was very influential.
    His words were what I needed to hear, I'm sure I am not alone in this.
    May you rest in peace
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dondaric

RIP Shannon

Advertisement