Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Router alternative

• 16-03-2013 3:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭

So basically i've established the router that UPC have supplied (with 100mb package) is utter junk. Keeps dropping the connection on wireless (wired is perfect however), and the one that's just been replaced is worse than the last :mad:

I used to use an old belkin router to plug into the old upc router, a few years back, but that's now broken.

Any recommendations for a router, to plug into the UPC router/modem, and get decent range and speeds on wireless?

Apologies if this has been covered before, I saw that in a previous post, an ASUS RT-N66U has been recommended, but at 130 euro, it might be overkill for my needs?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Which modem do you have? The Cisco or the Thompson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

dub45 wrote: »
    Which modem do you have? The Cisco or the Thompson.

The Thompson one. Any ideas?

Advertisement