Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES13-Messi vs Ronaldo-I don't understand

Options
  • 16-03-2013 4:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

OK first of all in my game Messi is attributes wise the best player(I'm sure he was already but I edited him a little) Anyway in the game however, Messi is nowhere near as effective as Ronaldo. Ronaldo can run with the ball at ease, outpacing full backs and blasting shots from 25 yards. With Messi its more of a struggle. For some reason he just doesn't seem fast, he'll have periods where he explodes(normally late in games when everyone else is wrecked) but more or less I don't find him that useful, when I try to beat players with him. Obviously PES hasn't been able to find the blend between fast attacking players and having a slow non arcadey game but Ronaldo is somewhat effective. Really annoyed me when I was playing against PSG and Thiago Motta caught up with Messi after I had raced through, in real life there is no way that Motta would regain ground on Messi.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Its the same on fifa. Absolutely hate playing against Ronaldo online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Seriously could it be their physiques? I dunno about FIFA but I think in PES this has an impact. For example I edited Bale and he like Ronaldo is much more effective than Messi. Is it their style of dribbling or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

It's the way the games are designed. Messi doesn't go around with blistering pace in real life but is a genius and has glue on his boots. It's easy to make a computer player possess the physical attributes of their real life counterparts, but how do you put the mental attributes into a computer game? What makes Messi perfection is his quick-thinking and vision but that is impossible to closely mimic as a computerised player.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

It's the way the games are designed. Messi doesn't go around with blistering pace in real life but is a genius and has glue on his boots. It's easy to make a computer player possess the physical attributes of their real life counterparts, but how do you put the mental attributes into a computer game? What makes Messi perfection is his quick-thinking and vision but that is impossible to closely mimic as a computerised player.
    See I think for the latter point there that its entirely up to the guy/gal holding the controller to contribute their own mental footballing abilities to the game in order to get the most out of Messi; after all, the computerised Messi isn't going to do Messi-esque things with out you telling him to.

So he basically relies on the style of player you are and the tactics to use in the game for him to do certain things, and it just so happens that the majority of players (including myself) are more prone to Ronaldo's style of play - generally more direct, makes use of the players strength, more willing to take long shots, etc. That's not to say the "direct" style applies totally, plenty of people like to pass the ball and work possession for an opening, but ultimately when an attack works its way out as a goal it's usually a relatively direct final ball that does it, that doesn't apple to every goal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Ronaldo's on the cover ;)

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Some styles of players suit games better. Goal poacher type players have never worked well in games. For instance, someone like Gerd Muller isn't as good as Robinho in a footie game.
    Ronaldo is the perfect player for a game. Strenght, pace, acceleration, shot power and accuracy.
    Not sure what messi's shot power is, but certain players they never give a decent shot power to, he's usually one of them.

Advertisement