Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House alarm in Gleann Dara

Options
  • 16-03-2013 4:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

This might be a bit desperate at this time of night but my neighbours house alarm is going off and I can't stop it.

I just got home and I'm pretty sure there was a power cut in this estate judging by my twitter account. I can't read the number on the alarm as it's flashing but I found one that looks like it elsewhere in the estate and it's number is <snip>. I tried ringing it but it gives the dial tone for not in use.

I live in a semi-d with this house so it basically sounds like it's coming from mine.

I also tried ringing the garda but there is nothing they can do apparently. I just got home but it looks like there is no sleep for me tonight :(

Any advice?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,467 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Is the name of the security company anywhere on the alarm that you can see? If it's a local crowd then there should be a way to find their number on t'internet or phone book.
    Presume it's not an Eircom one or the guards would already have been alerted.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

Is the name of the security company anywhere on the alarm that you can see? If it's a local crowd then there should be a way to find their number on t'internet or phone book.
    Presume it's not an Eircom one or the guards would already have been alerted.

I rang the crowd on the box but they said the house must have switched companies. Tried getting a phone number for the people who live there but no luck. Still going now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

I also tried ringing the garda but there is nothing they can do apparently.
    Ring them back and tell them someone is breaking in next-door. They might get off their fat arses and do something then.

Or tell them some students are having a house party. That after all is the worst crime going in Galway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr. Wong

A ladder and a sledge hammer would do the job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Goes to show how effective they are. 99% of people's reactions to a car or fire-alarm is "oh ffs that bloody alarm again" rather than "someone might be breaking in, better check".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Ring them back and tell them someone is breaking in next-door. They might get off their fat arses and do something then.

Or tell them some students are having a house party. That after all is the worst crime going in Galway.

If it was an external alarm they could do something since they have to turn off after 20 minutes or so by law. Internal alarms are a different matter.

Advertisement