Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Budgie Smugglers

• 16-03-2013 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

Ok, I have a problem! I've just found out that the campsite I'm going to in France in July enforces a speedo only pool policy! I've always been a just above the knee long shorts kind of guy. I have 2 young kids so I most certainly will have to go in the pool. My issue really is that I am 6ft, 13 stone but slim and am really paranoid about my skinny thighs! Can anybody give me any advice or recommendations please? Maybe it doesn't have to be speedos per se but discreet 'normal' shorts. Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

mattb74 wrote: »
    Ok, I have a problem! I've just found out that the campsite I'm going to in France in July enforces a speedo only pool policy! I've always been a just above the knee long shorts kind of guy. I have 2 young kids so I most certainly will have to go in the pool. My issue really is that I am 6ft, 13 stone but slim and am really paranoid about my skinny thighs! Can anybody give me any advice or recommendations please? Maybe it doesn't have to be speedos per se but discreet 'normal' shorts. Many thanks!

I can't answer your question but I have a suggestion. Post in the travel forum, or tripadvisor etc. giving the name of the campsite and if anyone has stayed there they can tell you what was acceptable and what others got away with wearing. Then you'll know what options you have :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

All I can say is you won't be the worst looking person in speedos. My OH has a pair just for french campsites - He hates them, but to be honest as every other guy is in them, he doesn't look any different. There will be men so overweight in them you can hardly see the shorts!! He would look odd in his usual knee length swimming shorts.

You can get away with the swimming shorts Daniel Craig wore in James Bond if you are more comfortable in them?

It can be hard to find a pair in Ireland, but every shop and supermarche in France has them, so they will be easy to pick over there.

Advertisement