Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland and Solar power - hopeless !!

Options
  • 16-03-2013 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭

If Electric Ireland Dave is still on the forum maybe he can assist.
    I have just had my first quarterly bill after having Micro generation installed in January 2012. The bill reflects a small credit for this quarter which is all good however the credit is for the whole of last years export until March 2013. The actual amount credited from Electric Ireland and ESB networks is identified on the bill as they both contribute to the scheme. I need to know how many kWh or units I have exported back to networks so I can check the credit is correct. This information is carefully omitted from the bill and it would not take a genius to work out that anyone with the PV installed is going to ask the same question. I spoke to Electric Ireland who had no idea what I was on about but after speaking to a supervisor they told me that only ESB Networks had that information. So I call ESB Networks and they categorically told me it was my supplier that would need to tell me that information. So I am in the loop of ignorance which is very frustrating. I do not want to spend all my hard earned credit on phone calls to ask a simple question.
    Surely there must be someone who knows the meter readings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thread moved from the Renewable Energies forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭fclauson

I have PV and have been told I will get the credit 1 year after registration (Nov 2013)

You can check your own meter - there are 4 readings
    • total used
    • day
    • night
    • export

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭freddyuk

I have the smart meter which is a very difficult meter to understand as regards what it is doing at any time as the symbols are numerous and I cannot find a manual that explains them (but I am not there to check right now). So I simply want to know how many units I have sold back to Electric Ireland. I think this information should be on my bill as the calculation must have been done to give the credit figures so why is it kept a secret? If my meter readings agree with my bill then fine. But if I have to check my own meter readings and then work backwards to see what credit i should get and it is not the same numbers as EI have indicated I am still going to ring them to query it so it just makes the whole process such a pain when the information must exist already. If I know exactly how they calculate it via my bill then all is well if it is the correct and agreed calculation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

You should contact the commission for energy regulation www.cer.ie if you're unhappy with how it's being done .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi freddyuk,

Sorry to hear of the to-ing and fro-ing; can you send me your account details by PM so I can look into the calculations for you?

Thanks,

David

• Advertisement
Advertisement