Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teacher attire

• 16-03-2013 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hey.

So, heading to South East Asia shortly for my first stint at teaching and need to buy some appropriate clothes beforehand (black slacks, shirts, ties etc.).

Any suggestions for some reasonably priced stores in Dublin to pick up some formal clothing? - especially for trousers, I'm not against Dunnes or Penney's or anything but their trousers never seem to fit right... too loose, too baggy, too tight at the ankle or making your a** look like a bean-bag :)

I'll probably get a few shirts tailor-made over there but need 4 or 5 just to be safe.

As for shoes, I think I'm going with these: mo bhróga

Forgive the bland naievete of my post, just need to get the little things right, don't want to be stranded in the a**hole of nowhere with nothing but combats and a nirvana T-shirt...! :cool::D

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

JayC5 wrote: »
    Hey.

So, heading to South East Asia shortly for my first stint at teaching and need to buy some appropriate clothes beforehand (black slacks, shirts, ties etc.).

Any suggestions for some reasonably priced stores in Dublin to pick up some formal clothing? - especially for trousers, I'm not against Dunnes or Penney's or anything but their trousers never seem to fit right... too loose, too baggy, too tight at the ankle or making your a** look like a bean-bag :)

I'll probably get a few shirts tailor-made over there but need 4 or 5 just to be safe.

As for shoes, I think I'm going with these: mo bhróga

Forgive the bland naievete of my post, just need to get the little things right, don't want to be stranded in the a**hole of nowhere with nothing but combats and a nirvana T-shirt...! :cool::D

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

I think bests have good trousers and shirts. Not the trendiest but smart and wash well and great value (there always seems to be a sale!) my other half bought a few shirts there recently. Next shirts also last and I don't think they are too dear? Marks and Spencer's have washable suits which I think sound great as dry cleaning is a pain but I have no experience with them. The trousers himself bought in bests are machaine washable at 30 degrees.

Advertisement