Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much profit in take away ?

Options
  • 16-03-2013 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

I am wondering would anyone know how much profit would be on a takeaway turning over say 400000 euro a year it would be a traditional type fish and chips with no rent to pay and 4000 euro rates on building . It would be opened 12 hours a day 7 days a week with a wage bill of 140000 euro any help would be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,432 ✭✭✭✭Victor

That is a very hard question to answer. If you are buying this business, you need to look at the audited accounts for the last few years.

The big issue is that the ingredients actually don't cost a whole lot, it is the whole package - wages, insurance, energy, etc. that are pretty much fixed costs before you sell your first packet of chips.

Check with your accountant on the exact treatment of VAT - your food purchases likely have zero VAT, but your sales will charge VAT (I think it is the special rate of about 9%).

€400,000 seems a lot on the sales side.

For fish, it seems some species like pollock make an acceptable alternative to cod, at a much lower price.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

I have sent you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bob5666

thanks fries with that will take it on board

Advertisement