Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice place for breakfast in the City Centre on St. Patricks Day?

Options
  • 16-03-2013 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am meeting some friends in the city centre tomorrow morning (in and around O'Connell Street (I can only imagine how busy it is so as close as possible) and they're looking to go somewhere for breakfast around 11..

With it being Saint Patricks Day I wouldn't know where to start..?

I don't live in the city centre so any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders

Avoca on Suffolk Street do a good brunch on Sundays, you'll probably want to make a reservation though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Dublin City Food on Andrews Street are open from 9am. Delish!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

For O'Connell street convenience, you might consider the Lovinspoon on N Frederick St, or Bleeker Street Cafe on Dorset street. Both good for breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i like the earl on north earl street

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

As far as I remember I went to the Bakehouse on Bachelor's Walk last year. It was probably after the parade had started and was fairly quiet, got a table no problem. They do delicious food :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

That's a great help. Thanks for the responses.

Will let you know how I get on! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Agree on the brekkies in the Kingfisher and The Lovin' Spoon. However, the parade starts in the Parnell Sq/Western Way area at noon, and people start showing up hours before it starts to get a good spot. I'd imagine any eateries around there would be absolutely jam packed at 11am on Paddys Day. I'd head across the river if I was the OP, or away from town towards Drumcondra or Phibsboro. Woodstock Cafe in Phibsboro do a good brekkie.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

One of the best breakfasts you can have in town is at Lemon Jelly in the Italian Quarter. The ingredients are great, portion size is not too shabby and it's very reasonable. My only complaint is that the seating is not super comfy.

That said though, food is great, staff are lovely, it's well priced and very central.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sidd

alastair wrote: »
    For O'Connell street convenience, you might consider the Lovinspoon on N Frederick St, or Bleeker Street Cafe on Dorset street. Both good for breakfast.

I second that Bleeker St is a fantastic spot. Lovin Spoon doesn't normally open on Sunday's but may do for the day that's in it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement