Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton v Manchester City

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Lumbo wrote: »
    Maybe but we might never know because some people see losing cup finals and pushes for 4th as an achievement. I don't. Despite what some people think, Everton are a big club with a large fan base, comparisons to Charlton are laughable. Moyes is the 4th highest paid manager in the Premiership and the 12th highest in the world (IMO he deserves to be) so if he was to leave there's money there to pay for a top class manager. One won has the ability win trophies.

Yeah, but surely you can see there are far bigger clubs in the pecking order who are the ones competing for 4th/trophies and have the cash to back the challenge to get there?

I dont think Everton would be that big a draw to the sort of manager you need to win things and even then he will want the backing that im not sure the board would offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Saw a stat that Kolarov,Barry & Garcia cost more than the entire Everton team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Not that I really care as I'm delighted City lost , but the ref giving that free outside the box when it should have been a penalty proves to me he didn't see anything and just gave the free because City shouted for handball .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Yeah, but surely you can see there are far bigger clubs in the pecking order who are the ones competing for 4th/trophies and have the cash to back the challenge to get there?

I dont think Everton would be that big a draw to the sort of manager you need to win things and even then he will want the backing that im not sure the board would offer.

£3.8m a year is a big enough draw for most managers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Not that I really care as I'm delighted City lost , but the ref giving that free outside the box when it should have been a penalty proves to me he didn't see anything and just gave the free because City shouted for handball .

He had given City everything up to that point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Lumbo wrote: »
    £3.8m a year is a big enough draw for most managers.

yeah maybe so. i dunno, i just think hes doing well with what he has but you know the situation better than I. Enjoy the win!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

City very poor this season and to think that Mancini thought that City would overcome a 12 point deficit. Writing is on the wall now, and city needs to keep focused if its to stay in the top 4.

Advertisement