Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harassment case

• 16-03-2013 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

I was working for a business which since folded.

A waitress was owed her wages and has been constantly harassing me for the money. I have contacted the owner and accountants of the business to ask about the girls wages and I being told it is being resolved.

She has made contact with the owner herself yet continues to call me 2/3 times a day.

She now has her both parents involved ( she is over 18) and now they have contacted my father????

I am 28 and have not lived at home for 11 years?

She has threatened to come to my house to 'take' her wages or €500 odd and demanded that I shoud have removed money fom the premises before it closed!!

I have told her on every occasion that I have no means or access to pay her? I have always listen to her and relayed all messages to the business owner.

I am owed €1200 but I don't go ringing the owners father or threatening to come to his house for god sake!!

The owner has never refused to pay her and is paying her when he can clear his finances.

A cheque was issued but it was not lodged until 3 weeks after it was issued and at that stage the account was empty. There was money in the account when the cheque was written.

What are my options?? Can she get away with threatening calls and texts? and what right has she to contact my family about me??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Slyderx1

see section 10 Non Fatal Offences against the Person Act 1997. Obviously your parents are an innocent party. Im not sure whether you are or not. Nor do i see the threat element.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

I made the rosters and sent them to the accountant and he processed the wages.

I lodged in money but had no access to remove it!

After that I can not do anything about it yet im being hounded everyday.

Someone telling me they are coming to my house to take money is a threat to me is it not?

My parents think it is my fault but I try to explain that I have no access to cash, how hard is that to understand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

I was working for a business which since folded.

A waitress was owed her wages and has been constantly harassing me for the money. I have contacted the owner and accountants of the business to ask about the girls wages and I being told it is being resolved.

She has made contact with the owner herself yet continues to call me 2/3 times a day.

She now has her both parents involved ( she is over 18) and now they have contacted my father????

I am 28 and have not lived at home for 11 years?

She has threatened to come to my house to 'take' her wages or €500 odd and demanded that I shoud have removed money fom the premises before it closed!!

I have told her on every occasion that I have no means or access to pay her? I have always listen to her and relayed all messages to the business owner.

I am owed €1200 but I don't go ringing the owners father or threatening to come to his house for god sake!!

The owner has never refused to pay her and is paying her when he can clear his finances.

A cheque was issued but it was not lodged until 3 weeks after it was issued and at that stage the account was empty. There was money in the account when the cheque was written.

What are my options?? Can she get away with threatening calls and texts? and what right has she to contact my family about me??

Give her and her family a warning if they contact you again that you will be contacting AGS.

Relevant sections of the law,

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1997/en/act/pub/0026/sec0010.html#sec10

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1997/en/act/pub/0026/sec0011.html#sec11

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1997/en/act/pub/0026/sec0009.html#sec9

As pointed out by other poster section 10 is more than likely the best section.

Slyderx1 wrote: »
    see section 10 Non Fatal Offences against the Person Act 1997. Obviously your parents are an innocent party. Im not sure whether you are or not. Nor do i see the threat element.

Based on the OP why is he not an innocent party.

Give her and her family a warning if they contact you again that you will be contacting AGS.

Relevant sections of the law,

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1997/en/act/pub/0026/sec0010.html#sec10

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1997/en/act/pub/0026/sec0011.html#sec11

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1997/en/act/pub/0026/sec0009.html#sec9

As pointed out by other poster section 10 is more than likely the best section.

I have said that to them by phone and by text message only to be contacted again demanding I remover money from the premises.

Thank you for the links

• Advertisement

I have said that to them by phone and by text message only to be contacted again demanding I remover money from the premises.

Thank you for the links

Then go to AGS,make a complaint and let them deal with it. They will usually give a warning, if that is ignored go back to AGS they will decided if it needs to go further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Slyderx1

Based on the OP why is he not an innocent party.
    What is agreed is that the waitress is legitimately owed her wages. It would appear that various promises have been made to her. The OP may simply be the supervisor as he claims or may have a connection with the owner that the waitress appreciates. I do not believe that he has been threatened( I presume again that its a 'he') but I accept that he has been harassed and that he should keep a call diary before he complains.

Slyderx1 wrote: »
    What is agreed is that the waitress is legitimately owed her wages. It would appear that various promises have been made to her. The OP may simply be the supervisor as he claims or may have a connection with the owner that the waitress appreciates. I do not believe that he has been threatened( I presume again that its a 'he') but I accept that he has been harassed and that he should keep a call diary before he complains.

I agree there has been no threats, but there seems on the face of it a section 10 issue. The OP made it clear in OP 1 he had no acces to account, and 2 he is owed 1200. Even if the OP was the owner of the business he can still avail of section 10. The person owed the money can easily bring District Court proceedings, or rights commisioner proceedings and get an order for the money rather than taking the law into her own hands.

I have no connection with the business bar being manager.

I have no way of getting the €1200 that is owed to me.

She thinks I can just get money from thin air? If the owner cant pay well what chance have I?

She just will not listen to the fact that there is nothing I can do!!

I have been told by the owner that he is doing his best to secure my wages and the girls wages.

He has answered all my calls and is being polite and respectful, so all I can do is sit back and see what the outcome is.

If he refuses to pay well then I will take further action but I wont be calling his mother or father and getting then involved for god sake.

Advertisement