Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bubble/boba tea?

Options
  • 16-03-2013 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Want to give this a try. I know there's a place that does it in Dublin, but does anyone know of anywhere that does it in Galway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_tea

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

It's fecking awful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Ficheall wrote: »
    It's fecking awful.

Maybe the flavour you has was awful...

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

I had it in Frankfurt last Summer randomly, it's a bit of a novelty, was nice enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I'm still waiting on a frozen yoghurt vendor never mind a Bubble Tea place!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Seaneh wrote: »
    Maybe the flavour you has was awful...
    I tried a couple of them while I was in Hong Kong. Did anyone ever have those "Aloe Vera" drinks that appeared on the market about a year and a half ago? They didn't taste bad, but they had little globules of tasteless jelly floating in them.
    Bubble tea is a little like that, but their little globules taste horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

maybe the girls in the Secret Garden tea shop/café on William St would know, they're into their teas anyhow

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭superglue

Just an update on this. Was in Waterford at the weekend and spotted a place doing Bubble Tea. My girlfriend was mad to try some, so that we did.

My verdict? It's fecking awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

You should be able to die happy with just Lyons and Barrys :/ It's in your DNA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

superglue wrote: »
    Just an update on this. Was in Waterford at the weekend and spotted a place doing Bubble Tea. My girlfriend was mad to try some, so that we did.

My verdict? It's fecking awful.

It comes in hundreds of flavours, maybe the one you had was disgusting?

Boba is nice when it's done properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭superglue

Seaneh wrote: »
    It comes in hundreds of flavours, maybe the one you had was disgusting?

Boba is nice when it's done properly.

Ah, there was a certain amount of jest to my last post. I tried the strawberry flavour while my girlfriend tried banana. We both had ours with tapioca.

I just wasn't sold on the texture and after taste of the tapioca, and the flavourings of both tasted cheap and sickly sweet. Wasn't impressed with the set up of the place we got them from in general, so in fairness, I'd definitely give it another try from somewhere else.

On this occasion however, it's a 3/10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Just what tea has been missing all these years.... "chewy tapioca balls" suspended in it. :(

Advertisement