Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC to TV HDMI Audio Cutting Out

Options
  • 16-03-2013 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭

Have the PC connected to the TV through HDMI, and every 20 minutes or so when watching movies or Netflix the audio will cut for 1/2 second. Doesn't seem to happen when playing games or watching videos on YouTube (to the best of my knowledge).

ASRock Z77 Pro 3
    PowerColor Radeon HD 7850 V2, 2GB GDDR5
    Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155
    Win 7 Pro SP1

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Have the PC connected to the TV through HDMI, and every 20 minutes or so when watching movies or Netflix the audio will cut for 1/2 second. Doesn't seem to happen when playing games or watching videos on YouTube (to the best of my knowledge).

ASRock Z77 Pro 3
    PowerColor Radeon HD 7850 V2, 2GB GDDR5
    Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155
    Win 7 Pro SP1

Any ideas?

Have you tried updating the silverlight plugin? Does this issue occur across multiple web browsers?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Haven't tried multiple browsers, but it's not specific to browsers, happens on VLC too. Silverlight is set to update automatically, so i'm assuming it's up to date.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Make sure your video card drivers are also up to date as well. Remember it is your video card that is controlling the sound output over hdmi

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Checked everything and it's all up to date.

Advertisement