Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Tralee

Options
  • 16-03-2013 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi All,

A few bits of advice needed:

Is there anywhere that I should totally avoid area wise, when looking for where to live?

What is the public transport like for getting from town center to Tralee It North Campus?

Any other tips would be great :)

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

KMM wrote: »
    Hi All,

A few bits of advice needed:

Is there anywhere that I should totally avoid area wise, when looking for where to live?

What is the public transport like for getting from town center to Tralee It North Campus?

Any other tips would be great :)

Thanks a mill

It is kind of difficult to describe really where you should and should not go, as there is plenty of decent people living in various estates, so it would not be fair of me to "judge" areas.

Your best option is to come down and look for yourself via an estate agent or private sale maybe on Daft.ie, my opinions and yours on places could be worlds apart if you get me. Your gut will tell you.

Are you a student? if so, there is plenty of options with student accommodation, there is a bus leaving from stokers lodge bar every hour (I think, but don't hold me to that) straight to the north campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭KMM

Thanks Southern Dandy.

I know what you mean, I'm originally from Dingle area but haven't lived in Kerry for years and I'm not as familiar with Tralee anymore as I used to be. I guess I want somewhere I know is generally ok/safe. I've been hearing a lot of horror stories..people walking home at night and getting jumped on outside their front doors (eeek!)...but it's word of mouth so I don't know how reliable it is.

I'm a mature student so 'student' accommodation isn't really my thing plus my boyfriend is moving with me so we're just looking for somewhere for us.

Thanks for the bus info though, I'll check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

KMM wrote: »
    Thanks Southern Dandy.

I know what you mean, I'm originally from Dingle area but haven't lived in Kerry for years and I'm not as familiar with Tralee anymore as I used to be. I guess I want somewhere I know is generally ok/safe. I've been hearing a lot of horror stories..people walking home at night and getting jumped on outside their front doors (eeek!)...but it's word of mouth so I don't know how reliable it is.

I'm a mature student so 'student' accommodation isn't really my thing plus my boyfriend is moving with me so we're just looking for somewhere for us.

Thanks for the bus info though, I'll check it out

It does happen, I' be surprised if stuff like that does not happen in dingle from time to time. It has happened in areas where people would generally consider it a good area, when in reality it is a case of wrong place at the wrong time. All this can be avoided by simply getting a taxi home as most assaults happen at night when people drunkenly stagger home. Don't worry about it though, come in for the day, and check out a few places and get a feel for it.

Personally I think oakpark would be ideally suited to you over college and relatively closeness to the town. Plenty of nice areas along that road, avoid the upper most parts that are very close to the college, it is a student haven so expect house parties and there is an estate where again there are nice people living there but their is a rough element living their too.

Anyways hope this helps.

Advertisement