Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FE1 preparatory courses - Advice required

• 16-03-2013 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Firstly, I know there are probably tons of thread on this but I haven't found anything that answers my question.

I was on the law society website and basically it goes from (sitting fe1) - (trainee-ship) with nothing in between.

I am interested in direct entry to sit the FE1's, they are considering exempting me from the Preliminary Examination.

So basically, what I would like to know is:

1) Are the FE1's a self-study exam?
    2) Are there manuals to work from?
    3) If so, who provides them and how much are they?
    4) I see some colleges offer preparatory courses, are these considered a more 'successful' approach to passing the exams?

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Hi there,

Firstly, I know there are probably tons of thread on this but I haven't found anything that answers my question.

I was on the law society website and basically it goes from (sitting fe1) - (trainee-ship) with nothing in between.

I am interested in direct entry to sit the FE1's, they are considering exempting me from the Preliminary Examination.

So basically, what I would like to know is:

1) Are the FE1's a self-study exam?
    2) Are there manuals to work from?
    3) If so, who provides them and how much are they?
    4) I see some colleges offer preparatory courses, are these considered a more 'successful' approach to passing the exams?

Thanks in advance,

1) Yes.
    2) Yes.
    3) Adverts or there is an fe1 manual thread here somewhere.
    4) Only generally necessary if you have never studied law before or it has been years since you last did.

Advertisement