Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 2013 new york

Options
  • 16-03-2013 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys

Im 22 from Galway. head over to New York for J1. headn over on my own. have distant family there so i can stay a few days with. Just wondern is there many headn over. share accommodation maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Corrigo

Sup,

I'm heading over with 2 friends. Haven't booked any accommodation yet, really should get started. Have you looked at it yet? It's terrifyingly expensive, but I was checking in the nice areas. Also any look getting a job yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 shtory

I went on both the summer j1 and the one year j1. Stayed in a nice area on the upper east side. Cost me and a mate 1600 a month between us for a studio so 800 each. We were able to get a couple more into the apartment and that got it down to around 530 each, not too bad for where we were staying, i'd recommend it to anyone. I still have an email for the apartment building if you want me to pm it to you. They rent out the apartments on a month to month basis so no long contracts.

This is the one we stayed in twice: http://www.nycityliving.com/Apartments.php?apartmentnumber=1010010
    Its two single beds pushed together, not a double. And its more spacious than the pictures make it seem in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭con1421

Hey, i'm also heading over on my own. I don't have accom sorted or anything like that yet. I'd be more than happy to share if you are still interested? I'm not sure yet which part im gona move to. I was thinking maybe west of the city

• Registered Users Posts: 2 b.mcguinness3

hey I'm heading over on my own aswell from Galway, looking for people to share with too

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DarraghBolt

con1421 wrote: »
    Hey, i'm also heading over on my own. I don't have accom sorted or anything like that yet. I'd be more than happy to share if you are still interested? I'm not sure yet which part im gona move to. I was thinking maybe west of the city
    Hey
    Nope i have nothing sorted out. few places emailed me back to say call in when i come over but nothing solid like. no house or anything got. u got anything since? when are ya headn over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 valerie_mirth

Hey
    Nope i have nothing sorted out. few places emailed me back to say call in when i come over but nothing solid like. no house or anything got. u got anything since? when are ya headn over?

hey whats the craic?? :D
    im from tipperary, Im the same as you got on to a few places and like that
    they just said call in.
    Im going heading over by myself aswel,
    u still looking someone to share??
    Im flying out the 24th of may..
    let me know if your still interested in sharing here my facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/valerie.mitchell.319?ref=tn_tnmn

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Internship USA

Hi guys, lots of questions of accommodation in New York etc being discussed over on http://www.j1forum.com.
    (That is not my website, by the way. No affiliation whatsoever. I am only FYI-ing you as a courtesy) :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Trionax

Hey guys, Myself & 2 other girls (23, 21, 21) are heading to NYC for the summer! We fly the 8th of June - 30th August. No real preference on where to live but living with others would be great!! Everywhere we find is SO expensive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ItsNotAyne

Hi! Im 19 from Tipp and currently actually in NY but dont know any other Irish :(. I have accomodation for now. Id love to meet up with J1ers coming over though. Or if anyone needed another person for an appt I might be interested :) But basically to meet other real Irish people in Manhattan would be great. Aine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

Hey! I'm going to NY at the end of the month but don't know anyone over, would love to meet other people on here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

ItsNotAyne wrote: »
    Hi! Im 19 from Tipp and currently actually in NY but dont know any other Irish.

May not be your scene but this lot are a good bunch of lads.

https://www.facebook.com/Tipperary.NY?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ItsNotAyne

We should set up some sort of meetup once people are over here so everyone can get to know people :) Issues with the whole 21 thing but I'm sure we'd figure something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eddiektipp

Hey there's 3 of us headin over from tipp on Tuesday 28 may. Mad t get meet anyone and everyone out there. Just let us know the crack

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

One of you needs to set up a meetup.com group :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TheLiveWire

Hey all,
    Brian here, 20, M from Galway.
    Living and working in NY for the summer, and have a job found in manhattan. Thought I had a place to stay sorted out but it fell through today so Im kinda stuck until I can find somewhere else.. if anyone here is looking for a flatmate for a few weeks who can divide the rent a little more, please let me know! WhichOnesTheLiveWire@Gmail.Com is my email..

Advertisement