Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 months in US...

Options
  • 16-03-2013 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

ok so going to make this as short as possible... my boyfriend is going on erasmus to America next year and we both want myself to go with him. problem is I am out of college 5 years (he went back to college) is there any way I could get a visa to go with him or is it impossible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

There isn't really an option for you to go with him for 11 months, unless you marry- then you could get a F2 as the spouse of an F1 student visa holder. You could try for a B2 tourist visa, which allows 6 months, and once it is close to expiring, possibly ask for an extension, but those are rarely granted without a very good reason, and can you afford to go there and not work for that long?

Advertisement