Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skerries St Patricks day parade

Options
  • 16-03-2013 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what time this starts? Googled it and can't find anything.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

It must start on and around 2pm I reckon, as I know the roads around the town are closed from 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The parade starts at 3pm on South Strand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Although Hill Billy is normally spot on, my kids are meeting at South Strand at 1.45pm, so that would indicate a 2pm start.....
    However, checked google and the various Facebook accounts for local clubs, and none have the actual start time...
    Confused!

Posters around town say a 3pm start.

The Skerries Facebook page also mentioned this time earlier in the week.

There was also talk of the participants meeting up from 1:30 onwards. Shocking if they expect kids to be hanging around in the cold & damp for that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

You are correct on all counts. Just had it confirmed. I think it's crazy, especially given the damp conditions, to have them waiting around for so long. 2.30 for a 3pm start would be fine, especially if they are just walking....

• Advertisement

I have also heard a 1:45 meet up for the kids. The reason could possibly be that the floats are being judged before the parade starts..
    but, yes, it is indeed a long time for kids to be out in poor weather if the parade does not actually begin until 3 pm

Thermals and waterproofs needed, methinks..

Well I'm heading in now for a swift pint or 2 before the mayhem starts. I can't be dealing with the carry on later in the day. ;)

Well I'm heading in now for a swift pint or 2 before the mayhem starts. I can't be dealing with the carry on later in the day. ;)

..and a hot whiskey or two after the event just to keep the cold out of the bones.

'tis hard work these parades :D

Advertisement