Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How low will B&Q cut their prices by?

Options
  • 16-03-2013 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Its currently at 30% but I've heard that it will be going up to 70%.

I don't want to be buying stuff now if it'll be cheaper next week but at the same time I don't really want to be missing out on some of the better stuff in store.

Thanks in advance :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Isn't it a shame when a place is having a closing down sale everyone goes running out to it but if it was just a normal days trading no one would go near the place.

Why don't you ring and ask I'm sure they will tell you when the best time to go out is I reckon they ain't wondering where all these people were on a normal day of business.

I know when there is a sale people will naturally want to get stuff for cheap but it must be horrible for the staff knowing that the people are only out there in their droves because it's a closing down sale. I was out in Harvey Normans yesterday so I went up to B&Q to see how busy it was and there was loads of people with trollies full of stuff.

Its such a shame to see another store closing because of a lack of business and of course the astronomically high rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well thats a given isn't it? 25% off is bound to take trade to them from others (who will be hoping they don't go bust before B&Q shut its doors for the last time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I was actually in there today and couldn't believe how much good stock was still left. Definitely bargains to be had. Was talking to a staff member, they are open until the 4th of May. She didn't say about another price reduction, but I'd assume some stock will be transferred to another store anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭iphonehead

Don't ask how, but I can tell you for a fact through my line of work their prices will fall to 70% but not until the end of April. It will be 50% until then.

iphonehead wrote: »
    Don't ask how, but I can tell you for a fact through my line of work their prices will fall to 70% but not until the end of April. It will be 50% until then.

When will it be 50%? It's only at 30% off atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭iphonehead

As far as I can remember its Easter Monday on... definitely 3 stages of reduction - 30%, 50% and 70%. I'd wait if I were you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Its not worth moving stock - much easier to turn it into cash, give staff a lot more hours before closing and even clear end of lines from their warehouse.

I'd guess they'll go 50% at easter and that will clear most of the good stuff. At 70% it will be ghe last week and the place will be mobbed and there won't be decent stuff left anyway. So I'd plan an early morning visit just after the 50% starts and be happy with great value and ni srress.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

Could any locals keep us posted when if/when they drop to 50%? Might be worth a drive down.

Was crazy busy in there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

I was told today that a lot of the good stock will be removed before the sale gets to that stage. Cordless drills and the like will be moved to stores up in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

iphonehead wrote: »
    As far as I can remember its Easter Monday on... definitely 3 stages of reduction - 30%, 50% and 70%. I'd wait if I were you.

So is it 50% now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Still at 30% according to the signs outside in the carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I was there today its still at 30% and alot of the good stuff has been moved already, I was looking at one member of staff loading up a pallet of electrical goods today packing them up so as they could be shipped off, If your in the market for paint and a few tiles then fair enough but the stuff is flying off the shelves. I wouldnt be waiting too long if you need something get out there now chances are it will be sold quick, I couldnt even get a bag of cement out there, i was told its all be packed and moved,

Seems to be wood flooring, tiles, paint and some garden stuff left. The lighting, tools, equipment is either all gone or almost gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

still at 30%, any sign of it going any further

Was out there today, they were taking down some of the 30% signs, I wonder is it going to 50% tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭freewheeler

Can confirm B&Q 50% sale starts tomorrow!

Do we hold out for the final 70%????????? :rolleyes:

By the way people, it is set to close on May 4th, if there is still stock left. A lot of people out there today, still a lot of stuff out there but going fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

i hid a few things that i intend to go back out 2mora for..hopefully they are still there!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

i hid a few things that i intend to go back out 2mora for..hopefully they are still there!!

What stock is left? roughly i mean most electrics are gone yeah? I presume paint and a few odd bits?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,497 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Paint and tiles the odd kitchen, but nothing worth impulse buying. I tried

What stock is left? roughly i mean most electrics are gone yeah? I presume paint and a few odd bits?
    not a whole lot of electrics left..still a few tools left that at 50% are worth buying..will be mostly shed clutter left after tomorrow,which is why i wont be back out there after that.:D

So that was you :eek:

Anyway, when you went out the door I took all the items back out and put them on top of the baskets again. :D

So that was you :eek:

Anyway, when you went out the door I took all the items back out and put them on top of the baskets again. :D

boooooooooooooooooo:mad:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Any insulation left?

O Riain wrote: »
    Any insulation left?

Yeah, there were still plenty of 4" attic rolls there this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 howrude

I would just like to say that the majority of you are terrible. Holding out for 70% off stock when almost 50 people are losing their jobs?!?! The company wouldn't even give us staff members more than 50% off and we've been out there for 5 years!
    If you have any idea how much abuse we have gotten off tight arse customers since the closing sale began you'd have the decency to watch what you're saying on public forums. Just imagine how we feel about the whole ordeal.
    We have actually been told by managers not to take crap off of customers, so don't be surprised if staff walk away when you start asking stupid questions in store.

I know money is tight but this is just ridiculous!
    Only crap will be left if we do go to 70% off so stfu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

howrude wrote: »
    I would just like to say that the majority of you are terrible. Holding out for 70% off stock when almost 50 people are losing their jobs?!?! The company wouldn't even give us staff members more than 50% off and we've been out there for 5 years!
    If you have any idea how much abuse we have gotten off tight arse customers since the closing sale began you'd have the decency to watch what you're saying on public forums. Just imagine how we feel about the whole ordeal.
    We have actually been told by managers not to take crap off of customers, so don't be surprised if staff walk away when you start asking stupid questions in store.

I actually can only imagine. Why are you guys doing any work at all. Also anyone know why the Treacys were completely unwilling to lower rent and cost you guys your jobs? Obviously the €5 million fee that B&Q paid to them for breaking the lease helped but its not right.

• Advertisement

howrude wrote: »

My sincere apologies if any of my posts offended anyone working in B&Q, it was not intended.

The way things are these days, everyone is looking for bargins. I hope you do not feel we are dancing on your graves (jobs wise that is). I would imagine that there were more people visited B&Q last Sunday then in a month of Sundays when you were in full flow out there. I am sure you are thinking that if this volume of customers were shopping there in earlier times then you would still be in a job

I certainly would not give any staff crap out there and have avoided even asking staff questions when I was there last weekend. It cannot be easy for any of you, I hope you have good fortune in finding a new job elsewhere soon.

Advertisement