Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice re runner replacement

Options
  • 16-03-2013 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a pair of Mizuno Wave Musha's in Amphibian King in January as my first "proper" running shoes. I picked them out after trying out a few with a helpful sales rep. These felt the most confortable to me. I did not get Gait analysis done.

I am running a marathon in a couple of weeks and have done all my training in them, circa 250-300 miles.

A hole has appeared in the netting on the right shoe so I think I should replace them. I am planning to replace like for like, however, I am slightly put off by the following qoute on wiggle on the shoe page

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/mizuno-wave-musha-4-aw12/

"Racing shoes are ultra-lightweight, built on a curved last and stripped of the majority of cushioning and stability features found on most training shoes. Generally, the lighter the shoe, the more minimalist the design. You should choose these if you’re a fast, elite runner concerned predominantly with weight. Unless you’re very light, these aren’t for you if you run a marathon outside 2:45, or 1:30 for a half."

I am not elite runner :pac: Is there a different type of runner I should consider for my day to day training going forward? I think I will replace these like for like as I am so close to the marathon but may look at an alternative pair going forward.

I'll probably pop back in to the store myself and chat to them but I'd like to have done a bit of research first.

Thanks,

Advertisement