Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it raelly too late to get a visa?

Options
  • 16-03-2013 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    Just wondering is it definitely too late to get a visa for Canada? A couple of us are really interested in going to Vancouver but we didn't realize there was a time restriction for booking. I emailed USIT and Go4less and they both said that we'd have to wait until it opens again in 2014.
    Is there any other way to do it besides going through USIT, Go4less, etc? Can it be done by getting on to the Canadian embassy or some other way? Or is there no possible way to get in until next year? We are really interested in going to Canada this year and would be willing to try anything that is possible. We've been told that it is possible but we don't know any details so if anyone could help in any way that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

Sorry to say but it is 100% fact that there are no more working holiday IEC visas this year (unless of course they release more, but they have already said they're not gonna). This visa isnt available through Usit or go4less, they just help people with the online application process for a ridiculously large fee. It's applied for online directly through the Canadian government.
    I don't know about any other options for sure but their probably are ways of getting over there, like getting hired by a Canadian company, but they'd have to prove to the province government that they can't find a Canadian for the job (this is called a LMO), so in my opinion isn't really a realistic option from Ireland. :(
    Another visa is called a experience class, and you have to be highly skilled/experienced i think to apply for it. *EDIT:just looked up the Experience Class and you have to already be living in Canada. Sorry!*
    There may be something for trades that are in demand as well, like electricians etc, but again am not fully sure about it as ive only read a little about it.
    What I do know for sure is that none of the above options are that straightforward or simple, like many people get emigration lawyers to help navigate the process.
    So I hate to dash hopes but ye may just have to wait it out another year! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

^^^^^^Long answer...

Short answer... Yes. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

7ofBrian wrote: »
    ^^^^^^Long answer...

Short answer... Yes. ;)

The OP asks about 3 or 4 questions, Delira is trying to answer those and went to the effort of checking stuff. Posting just 'yes' is about as useful as a smack of a fish in the face.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bitty

Thanks for the replies!

Was hoping for different answers but thanks anyway!! Probably our own fault for not thinking about it sooner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Axwell wrote: »

The OP asks about 3 or 4 questions, Delira is trying to answer those and went to the effort of checking stuff. Posting just 'yes' is about as useful as a smack of a fish in the face.. :rolleyes:

Haha. Yeah I know. Think I'll leave the drunk talk in the AH forum in future. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

went in four days took a lot by surprise

went in four days took a lot by surprise

4 days? Did it open January 29 or thereabouts? I seen many applications made on that day.

I'm a bit annoyed now, I hoped to go later this year, I'd have enough money saved. But now it's January 2014...

Aussieland looks problematic, to stay longer than 1 year you must do 'regional work' a.k.a. farm work? I'd rather work in an office in Toronto...

4 days? Did it open January 29 or thereabouts? I seen many applications made on that day.

I'm a bit annoyed now, I hoped to go later this year, I'd have enough money saved. But now it's January 2014...

Aussieland looks problematic, to stay longer than 1 year you must do 'regional work' a.k.a. farm work? I'd rather work in an office in Toronto...

Yeah it opened for applications on 29th, they were sold out by the 1st with a waiting list of about 1000 for drop-outs and rejections. For ages beforehand, it said on the website that it'd be open early 2013 so I had the page bookmarked and checked it everyday. I also signed up for the USIT canada mailinglist even though Id no intention of giving them a penny as I knew they'd send a mailshot as soon as it opened :pac: I'd recommend doing this for the 2014 visas so you'll be sure to get in quick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Slightly off topic, but you don't have to do farm work if you get sponsored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

If you do go don't pick bananas. Big hairy feckers lurk in banana leaves!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

How can it be that all the places were taken up so fast? I thought you weren't guaranteed a place until you heard back from the Canadian embassy in London until March?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

Augmerson wrote: »
    How can it be that all the places were taken up so fast? I thought you weren't guaranteed a place until you heard back from the Canadian embassy in London until March?

Once you filled out the original form release the end of Jan and then paid the fee you were conditionally accepted. (And once you were below the 6,350th application you ha a place held) Then there was another part to fill out and assessed by the Canadian authorities and then Poe's (acceptance letters) were issued. Currently some people are still waiting to be accepted/rejected but the IEC took about a thousand extra applications for cancellations. Doubt they'll be releasing more this year but I think there's 10,000 visas being released next year.

JenL wrote: »
    Once you filled out the original form release the end of Jan and then paid the fee you were conditionally accepted. (And once you were below the 6,350th application you ha a place held) Then there was another part to fill out and assessed by the Canadian authorities and then Poe's (acceptance letters) were issued. Currently some people are still waiting to be accepted/rejected but the IEC took about a thousand extra applications for cancellations. Doubt they'll be releasing more this year but I think there's 10,000 visas being released next year.

Where did you read about the increase in 2014 visas?

By the way, I took a look at the same site for the UK, there were 3 rounds of visas for 2013 and the total figure was less than for Ireland...was surprised at that. 5,350 for UK population of 62m...

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?view=d

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Wow, right, I see now. So, if I want to do this next year, then as soon as the forms become available, I should sign up and pay the fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

On CIC's news page it says there's 10,000 places next year. It on the moving2canada page too and then picked up by Irish newspapers such as the independent.

http://www.cicsnews.com/?p=3167

Yes just fill out the first part of the application as soon as its open and pay the fee when requested. Then you have a few weeks to get your other bits together before applying for the rest.

Does anyone have a rough idea when we can start applying for 2014? I thought the 2013 list opened January 29th but I've seen threads showing people working on their applications in December. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Does anyone have a rough idea when we can start applying for 2014? I thought the 2013 list opened January 29th but I've seen threads showing people working on their applications in December. :confused:

it could be from december 2013 to january 2014

The process has two parts, so two accounts to be set up: the Kompass account and the MyCIC account.
    Back in december ppl were working on their CIC but the Kompass didnt open until the 29th.
    The Kompass one is where you get that all-important WTN (world tracking number), and are issued a letter of conditional acceptance which has to be then uploaded to CIC along with application form, garda cert etc.
    I think you're better off waiting for the Kompass to open before starting on the CIC, because they change things on the forms so you might not be filling out the most up-to-date version if you do it too early!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

On CIC's news page it says there's 10,000 places next year. It on the moving2canada page too and then picked up by Irish newspapers such as the independent.

http://www.cicsnews.com/?p=3167

Yes just fill out the first part of the application as soon as its open and pay the fee when requested. Then you have a few weeks to get your other bits together before applying for the rest.

Also unlike this year people in Canada won't be re-applying and taking up some of the spots so it should take longer to fill up.*

*ShooterSF assumes no responsibility for anyone following this advice and missing out next year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement