Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More new Ben & Jerry's flavours!

Options
  • 16-03-2013 7:23pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure if they've available in Ireland yet, but here in the UK we've got two (at least) new flavours:

Blondie Brownie: A Soft Salted Caramel Core Surrounded by Chocolate & Vanilla Ice Creams with Chocolate Brownie chunks & Blondie Brownie chunks

274523.jpg

Peanut Butter Me Up: A raspberry jam core surrounded by peanut butter ice cream & vanilla ice cream with chocolatey peanut butter cups

BJ_Cores_2013_Peanut-Butter-Me-Up_closed-tub_-HR_AW-copy.jpg

I've got Blondie Brownie in the freezer for later :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Raspberry jam core? That doesn't sound right!

Girlfriend said she's certainly seen "Blondie Brownie" here alright, but not the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They are half price in tesco for paddys weekend (€2.99) only the new flavours though iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Not a fan of ice cream with a core. I prefer it when the ingredients are mixed throughout the ice cream.

The blondie one sounds nice though. I could get over the core to have that.

Peanut Butter Me Up is on the Tesco website and it's half price until the 18th.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

That peanut butter one sounds nice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

OMG :O

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I can confirm that Blondie Brownie is delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Hate,hate,hate the core ones. The peanut butter one does sound quite nice though

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Perfect Ring

Blondie Brownie is amazing, defo worth a try!

Blondie Brownie is really good. The caramel is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

Is it only in Tesco that we can get these flavours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭penzo

ben and jerry's, y u no put a peanut butter core in the peanut butter ice cream !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

The peanut butter ice cream is lovely. The raspberry core not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭be wide of me

There's another new flavour called clever cookies!! Cant post the link because I'm on my phone but it is really really good. Picked it up in Tesco too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

If they were going to go with a core Ice Cream (I hate those). It should have been a chocolate ice cream, with a slightly salty chunky peanut butter core. Now that I would buy

There's another new flavour called clever cookies!! Cant post the link because I'm on my phone but it is really really good. Picked it up in Tesco too!

Ben+and+Jerry%27s+Clever+Cookies.jpg

Vanilla ice cream with a chocolate cookie swirl, double chocolate cookies and chocolate chip cookies.

Sounds amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I have the peanut butter one in the freezer for after lent (I'm off all sweet things), but now I've to go buy that cookie one. Sweet mother of cookies it looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭be wide of me

I have the peanut butter one in the freezer for after lent (I'm off all sweet things), but now I've to go buy that cookie one. Sweet mother of cookies it looks amazing.

I dont think I'd have the willpower to keep them both untouched in the freezer for a week!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

They so very nearly got it right with the peanut butter one. The raspberry jam core ruins it, though it's not difficult to eat around it. The other two are next on my list :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

The peanut butter one sounded can fab until the raspberry core bit, peanut butter and raspberry just no. Now if they had made it a chocolate core we could have been in business. The other two sound Nice, will be giving those a go.

Have the peanut butter one in the freezer for later. I assume they're going for a PB&J thing. I quite like raspberry jam, but am unsure about how it will work. I'm willing to take one for the team by trying it though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭penzo

I only hit me now that the rasberrry and peanut mix is supposed to be like a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich flavour

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Boots234 wrote: »
    Is it only in Tesco that we can get these flavours?

I picked up a blondie one in Supervalu.

Faith wrote: »
    Have the peanut butter one in the freezer for later. I assume they're going for a PB&J thing. I quite like raspberry jam, but am unsure about how it will work. I'm willing to take one for the team by trying it though ;)

I was disappointed by it. I enjoyed all the elements in it, including the core, but it didn't leave me satisfied the way B&J normally does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The peanut butter ice-cream tasted weirdly like Crunchy Nut Cornflakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I haven't tasted the peanut butter one or the blondie flavour but have tried a couple of the other core flavours and found that though I liked the icecream, the core itself seemed to have a weird coffee tang to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭JohnSmith17

Does anyone know where I can get the new flavours in Tallaght, Dublin ???

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Looking Glass

The jam sounds a bit suspect. For jam lovers only, I assume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Badly want to try Clever Cookies - where have people seen it?

I got it in Superquinn in Blanch today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Maddylicious

Faith wrote: »
    I can confirm that Blondie Brownie is delicious.

+1

DELISH!!! It's my new second favourite after chocolate fudge brownie

Advertisement