Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smell in balbriggan?

Options
  • 16-03-2013 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

What is the problem smells like sweage? Found it this morning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

What is the problem smells like sweage? Found it this morning
    Farmer North of the town was spreading slurry from early in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

well it was a stronger and more pervasive smell than I have ever experienced from just one farmer spreading slurry. It really did pong and was literally stinking from one end of the town to the other. Literally could smell it from the police station to lidl!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Welcome to living in a partly farming town.

I've lived in Balbriggan for many years, and have spent many summers here for many many (too many!) years before that. I'm not a total blow in who doesn't know that there are agricultural areas close to the town. Even my Bro-in-law who is a born and bred Balbriggan boy couldn't believe that it was just caused from one farmer spreading slurry - worst and strongest smell he had ever encountered.

I'm still not convinced it was just one slurry spread that caused it.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

i grew up on a farm and never encounterd anything like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

sorry lads, I farted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

sgarvan wrote: »
    sorry lads, I farted!!

go see a vet :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Paddys Day the other day, so Id say its a combination of Guinness and Bacon and Cabbage!:eek:

it was on Saturday, otherwise the guinness and cabbage would have been the first thing i blamed! :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

It could be cathy01's sheep :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Huh. I was going to move to balbriggan next year but seeing that the place is smelling like sh1te i am thinking twice about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

There's actually a farm just off Clonard Street, maybe the smell came from there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

We used to have that same problem donkeys years ago here in rivervalley swords and man did it smell all day long, especially on summer mornings and warm weather but i think it was the pig farm that was the cause.

Complain to the council about it, as no-one should have to live with that manure or whatever it is.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Im only kidding!
    Seriously though, I was out for a walk saturday morning, heading from CastleMill to Graveyard and once I got to harry reynolds road the whack hit me. It was horrendously strong for a single slurry spread. there was an easterly breeze so reckon it was on Bells land or near the coast up towards gormo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

suck it in. Good country air!

Advertisement