Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the shop oneils which closed on micheal street

Options
  • 16-03-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

did anyone see the people scavenging through the builders trailor yesterday?

a van was parked outside and was being loaded with rubbish..one person started to route through and then a mob gathered and they nearly killed one another to have a route..is this what it has come to?..i stood across the road outside paddy power bookmakers and stood in amazement watching them all..atleast 20 people.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Yeah my Mam was telling me about this too, strange to think they were dumping perfectly good stock when there is a charity shop right across the road from it who would have been very grateful of the stock.

4EDD346D-0000-40E8-9A4E-D884826170FF-29821-00000C344E07988A_zps5ac79676.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

the stock all went into a big van aquos76..the trailor was 99% rubbish..but the people seemed to think otherwise and went crazy and started to route through it.

Ah right, one woman did bring over a handful of birthday cards to the charity shop that she had picked out of the trailor. I thought it strange ok that they would dump perfectly good stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

If ever there was a picture that symbolises just how dirty and low this town is its that picture.

They are actually grown adults and peoples mothers rooting through a rubbish skip.

Celtic tiger is long gone lads. Thats reality now.

Just to clarify, my mother is not going thru that trailor, she only witnessed it, but I'm sure some of those women are indeed mothers ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Just to clarify, my mother is not going thru that trailor, she only witnessed it, but I'm sure some of those women are indeed mothers ok.

Actually didnt even realise you mentioned your mother :D I was actually just saying in general im sure they are mostly mothers and thought how bad it would be if i saw perhaps my own mother having to do it. harsh reality that people have no problems doing it these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Honestly I think that would happen, recession or not. There are always people on the lookout for a bargain or free stuff or whatever. Maybe it's just more noticeable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Media999 wrote: »
    If ever there was a picture that symbolises just how dirty and low this town is its that picture.

They are actually grown adults and peoples mothers rooting through a rubbish skip.

Celtic tiger is long gone lads. Thats reality now.

It's like a picture you will see in a history book 50 years from now on the chapter that will inevitably be called "recession."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Honestly I think that would happen, recession or not. There are always people on the lookout for a bargain or free stuff or whatever. Maybe it's just more noticeable now.

Have to agree with this, someone probably saw something going into the trailer and had a root around, this probably led to other people watching and joining in!

Nothing to do with recession just a domino effect and its ALWAYS happening! skips outside houses too always get a look through!

Advertisement